Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Ferris Holidays
174 Posts
going with them on friday and all indications are that they are back to using ferry.
i would far rather go on tunnel as it knocks about an hour of travel times, but then i live in south east and so do not have to sit on the coach for too long before crossing the channel. i can appreciate that some passengers from wales or the north have spent a long time on the coach and the ferry crossing is a welcome break for them.
even when we travelled last year with ferris and went through the tunnel we did not seem to get any real benefit on the way down timewise, but that is probably to do with the driver changes at the spanish border.
Too right, Jim!

Coming all the way from central Scotland, i look forward to my break on the ferry, and a decent meal! ..... it is much appreciated by us further north

However, in the event of ferry strikes, missing ferries, etc, then it would be good to have the option of the tunnel :)
:D here i am freshly back off our lovely hol in calella[hotel esplai]food nice,maid service good,staff helpful we had a lovely family holiday tho' there were flash floods :shock: [not as bad as it sounds]and a couple of cars floated past our hotel on the way to the beach :lol: .the weather was good and when it did rain in the evening it cleared the air and meant a fab next day.
:cry:
:wink: if you go to calella and are looking for family fun at good prices go to papa's bar bingo,funny dances beer and cider. kids enjoyed til late.

the coach journey was ok my hubby got a bit travel sick,the films were good.our loo was blocked for a few hours and that was a pain.
TAKE A PILLOW not a travel pillow a proper 1.we didnt and it seemed like every1 else did.i bought a couple in calella and the trip home was much
comfier.
complaint :cry: ferris lost our pushchair there was a problem with the bus and we were transfered to a feeder bus[still good]but between cardiff gate and penllegaer services it was mislayed.in fact the driver said he dropped it off i am here to tell you he didnt.the car park was empty as the bus zoomed out of it[it was the drivers birthday and i think he was in a bit of a rush ]i phoned ferris and was told not to shout ,i wasn't shouting but complaining.the insurance with them has a £60 xs and the pushchair wasnt really worth that anymore i don't think but it's the principal of the thing you know. :x
never mind live and learn ,tho' we enjoyed our stay in calella and made lovely new friends[we plan to meet there next year maybe]
we probably will not be travelling with ferris again.they have been quite unsympathetic and unhelpful with a "tough s**t,nothing we can do attitude " :D

hi we're going to spain on 31/07 it's our first time with ferris.just wondering anyone else going on a 'special' then?we have a 5 year old boy and a 20 year old boy too.all ages?fun?and is anyone else going by coach because they're afraid to fly?just thought i'd ask.nice to read these reviews and look forward to making new friends maybe. :D
Hi,can anyone give me advise on ferris coach travel and apartments. As I am thinking of traveling with them and staying in apartment but I am unsure about allocation on arrival.
Hi can anyone tell me if they have travelled with ferris coaches and stay in aparments(allocated on arrival) in salou. As I am thinking of doing so but would like some advise first.
I will be travelling with Ferris for the 8th time this year. Have never used apartments, but lots of people do and return year after year. Remember that the apartments are only somewhere to sleep and dont expect too much and you cant be disappointed. I would say book your holiday and make the most of it .But if you want to go to a particular area then please book it.

Have a great time .
So then, does anyone know if Ferris are to travel on the Ferry or The Tunnel to Calais ?

Has anyone been on holiday with Ferris this year who can comment ?

Best regards

Mark.
Read somewhere either website or brochure that due to some peoples concerns ferris was going back to using the ferry. :?
what concerns? The chunnel is much better option although I take on board the comments of our northern cousins ;)
By the way the food on the ferry is normally poor :( we take butties, pasties and frozen water, which gradually thaws out through the journey to the sun :)
captain's lodge do a good meal on ferry, few quid more though. nothing wrong with chunnel as it cuts time down. 8)
The meals are not too bad on the Ferry - It all depends on what you like.
We normally grab a quick bite and then go have a few in the bar - Put some music videos on and then go onto deck for some fresh air.

Its a nice trip over on the Ferry if its a nice day and a good leg stretcher.

Mark.
best tip for food on the ferry is to splash out and go to the proper restaurant(langans brasserie?). i know it is more expensive but if you can afford it it is much more comfortable, the food is first class, and it is a great start to the holiday.
I totally agree, as soon as we get on to the ferry and leave the coach we head straight for the restaurant, have a decent meal inside us and it sets us up for the rest of the journey. We do take biscuits to have with coffee later in the evening .
must agree, we always make the most of the crossing and have a meal etc. Although I always hate coming home I do look forward to breakfast on the ferry, full english and a nice cup of tea although I couldnt face chips at 8 am!!
We have booked a pricebuster at the beginning of October,would like to know if the local train that goes along the front of some of the resorts to Barcelona, does it go the other way to Gerona,thanks and are there any nice places to visit if we are given Salou,not into Adventure Parks,thanks
anybody back from calella ferriss coaches,,,what was the weather like,i will be going on the 28th with ferriss,,did they go on the ferry this year
still not booked mine yet, but hoping to go next month.
ferris were going to use the ferry on all trips this year unless there were any specific problems on a given day so i would reckon that you will be on the ferry.
there are loads of links in the weather topic above this one, but in case i've not posted this one before you could look here http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/Spain/Barcelona.htm
Thanks Jimd-f :tup

You'll find the weather topic HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
Just got back from malgrat de mar, sunday 13 aug. weather been sunny most of the time mid 80s temp just nice. dispite 4 thunder storms, 3 at tea time for about 1 hour and one at midnight which knocked costa bravas coast line power out for around 5 minutes. locals said it was the first rain since december.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.