Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Fethiye has lots of shops plus a market but its a harbour town rather than a resort. Its a really nice place but doesnt have a beach.
Hisaronu is way up in the hills and has quite a few shops selling the sort of stuff tourists buy, plus a market selling cheap copies of designer clothes, bags etc.
I wouldnt consider Hisaronu for a holiday myself; I prefer Olu Deniz as its got a beach and only a short taxi ride from either Fethiye or Hisaronu.
Thanks Bridd

The shops are really for my husband he should have been a woman. I prefer to lazy about reading books. Its a big birthday coming up for him and wanted to go somewhere we have not been before.

Lynn
I am in total agreement with Bridd. Olu Deniz is beautiful. You can lounge on the beach while your girlie husband gets a dolmus to Fethiye. :lol:
ps., my husband is very nerdie so its ok. :lol:
Have you considered Calis Beach.?
Next door to Fethiye and you can get to Fethiye by either dolmus or water dolmus
The beach is shingly rather then soft sand but is OK on a sun bed.
del949
i think its all down to personal choice fethiye has all the shopping banks and restaurants also being a harbour has lots of fish restaurants as hisaronu is closer to olu than fethiye has shops and bars, restaurants
fethiye is also much hotter during the day than hisaronu and gets very close
Thanks for the advice folks decided to go to Hisaronu for 1 week and then transfer to Icmeler the 2nd.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.