Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Is it worth upgrading to AI food for lunch????
Has anyone been this year? Is the AI drinks option still about 18 euros per adult. Thanks in advance.
hi all, just back a week ago from fiesta milord. had a fantastic fortnight there. we were in milord 2 and our room was 2116. it was lovely and quite. we had a sea view across the bay to san an. food is lovely, so good struggled to get working skirt zipped up !! upgrade to all inclusive, very well worth it as drinks seemed to be very expensive. the all incliusive is 18 euros an adult and 11 euros child. it is only 4 euros more expensive for all inclusive than the drinks package and you get your lunch for that, well worth the 4 euros. entertainment team very good, only thing no entertainment on friday nights. wee boats go every half hour from the hotel jetty to san an for 2 euros 50. taxi is 7 euros. lots of activity going on at the beach.
Hi shoeshopper. Thinking of emailing hotel to ask for a specific room. Where do you think the best rooms are? Thanks in advance. Gx
Hi paragluvva, didnt take note of the rooms really. All i can tell you is the milord 1 has reception in it and milord 2 has the restaurant. We didnt book our room as a sea view but we had one, it was lovely. You wont need to go to the cafes in san an either to see the lovely sunset you just need to go round the corner from the hotel, beautiful. Our room was 2116. 2 for milord 2, 1 for first floor, 16 would be the room.
Hi all. Thanks for your replies. Will just wait and see what rooms we are allocated :) . Will more than likely take the AI drinks package even though I read somewhere that a visitor to this hotel didn't think it was worth it because there are plenty of cheap bars around the bay :que . Gx
Hi, thinking about booking this hotel for next summer. It's the mad rush for sunbeds everywhere that really puts me off :(

Anyway, trying to keep all the kids happy, does anyone know if theres activities going on here to keep a 15 and 16 year old occupied? Luckily at this age they like to relax more too but my son especially likes to join in hotel activities. Have stayed at fiesta hotels before and there seemed to be lots going on but this was about 4 years ago.

Just want to hurry up and get something booked now, takes me so long to make a decision :think been twice before to Ibiza but both times we went to Playa d en bossa, and absolutely loved the beach so also worried we might be disappointed. Would go back there but feel we should try to visit a different part this time.

At the mo its between the Milord and a hotel in Majorca :que
Hi marie, we were their in july this year. Had a fantastic holiday. Not the best for lots of activities. At 11 it was french bowls on the beach, 12.30 champagne game at stage, 2 oclock was something but we were always inside for our lunch, 3 oclock killer darts, 4 oclock water polo. It was always the same activiies same time each day. No football cos there is nowhere to play it. No tennis courts either. In saying all that we had a brill time, food excellent.
We have just returned from this hotel. I like to think I do a bit of research before booking, reading reviews etc. so I wonder why I got it so wrong and found this hotel so awful. For a start, the sunbed situation was ludicrous. People were putting towels out at 10 pm for the following day :yikes . I hate having to get up early to reserve a bed but didn't need too because people were putting towels out the night before; you could not beat them so you had to join them! While we were there, the hotel enforced a rule that the sunbeds were padlocked until 9am. Not sure how this went down because we were coming home. Both pools were absolutely packed, I have never been to a hotel where the sunbeds are so close together, you had to shuffle to the bottom of the bed to get off!!! A few families drove us crazy; thought it was amusing to dive bomb in the pool and saturate everyone (I'm talking grown ups and not kids). Have to say, thankfully, these were in the minority. The hotel offers an AI package, which most people took advantage of, so the bars in the resort are almost empty (but hardly surprising when we were charged 10 euros for 2 vodkas (not branded) and orange juice. The food was very good for a 3 star and the staff were great but it's the only holiday I've ever taken where I wished I'd stayed at home and had my drive block paved with money :( . On a more positive note, found a couple of nice beaches Cala Gracio (San Antonio) and Cala Tarida. The beach bar on Cala Cracio was great, with food and drink reasonably priced and the beach Cala Tarida had watersports and a fab restaurant (first one you come to) where the chef barbequed chicken, meat etc. As good as any resturant I've been to.
Hi people,just got back today,where do i start,well what a hotel,room made up everyday,the cleaners bless um have their hands full but they try their best in keeping this hotel really clean and my heart goes out to them as there is some really idiotic brits out there who really dont give a monkeys about there rubbish,anyway food was really good,from a cooked breakfast to just about everything for the evening meal,even my 14 year old found something to eat and thats a first!!! In a morning was chaotic to get a sunbed,we use to sit in restaurant at brekkie and laugh but we always seemed to find sunbeds so not a problem.The hotel situated on the beach was excellent we thort although the beach a little rocky we loved it(i picked a few bits of glass up of the beach to so be a little careful) and fantasic views of the bay especially at night o yes and the weather was fantastic while we was there.Entertainment at night was ok for the younger children so we use togo to bars,which wasnt to many but just enuff we thort.All in all a great holiday and already lookin to book for next year as the wife loved it(thats a first ha ha) so yes would reccomend it,enjoy !!! Shane :cheers
Many thanks for the review. We would apprecite it if you could copy and paste it into our Hotel Reviews at the top of the page.

luci :wave
Please could anyone that's stayed here tell me what the sleeping arrangements are. Are you all in one room or are the Twin Beds and Sofa Beds separated. My teenagers now would understandably like a little privacy.
we went last yr with our two children and all four of us were in one room .... 4 beds it was a little cramped but we didnt mind was such a great place food was brill have good holls :)
Will the rooms hold 4 people? We went last year and the room was tight with 2 adults and 1 teenager (just 13). Can't imagine what 2 adults and 2 teenagers will be like :yikes.
don;t forget that they have bigger rooms.not all rooms in a hotel are the same.you can get two rooms if you had booked them.with a door in the middle.ie family rooms.
we was going to go back this year but because we have a baby now we would have to get two rooms and it was going to cost us for the week over 3 grand half board so we decided not to its a shame because the kids loved it we are going to portantx this yr and for all inc it was alot cheaper so im glad we didnt spend on the milord but still its a great hotel :D
sorry to hear the opinion that the fiesta milord was aweful.

we had been to this hotel in the years 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2006.

and it was fantastic.

but having visited this hotel for a couple of hours last year(we were staying at the riviera) we did notice many changes.

firstly the peace and tranquility not to mention personal space that first endeared us to this hotel was no longer there.

the pool areas have changed dramatically from what we were used to. no longer was thier chairs and tables around the kiddies pool but instead it was crammed with sunloungers.

many times in the past we would play in the kids pool with the weans, and if it was 5pm or later often there would be no more than 2 or 3 other people in and around the area we were sitting in.

one of the things we can learn from reading reviews is that things can change quickly beleive me this hotel used to be excellent.
Hi Hoopie. Is it my review you're referring to :D . Haven't done the balearics as a family for a few years (usually go to Greece) but thought we would give Ibiza (instead of Majorca where we have had some nice holidays) a try. Like I said, we thought the hotel and the resort was AWFUL. Even now, a year on, I am trying to think of something good to say but I can't. Going back to Greece this year and can't wait. It will be lovely to be in a small, family owned apartment with a mix of people. Hated the fact that people were reserving sunbeds at 10 pm at the Fiesta Milord, for the next day. Found it so rowdy (and that was mainly the adults with kids who thought it was hilarious to saturate everyone around the pool, great!!). I could go on and on but as they say: one man's meat, another man's poison :yikes. Happy holidays to everyone. :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.