Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Just returned from 2 weeks at the Hotel Tanit - far exceeded our expectations. Food was fantastic, always hot. Plenty of choice, even for our 2 boys who are very fussy!! Sunbed situation was a joke - plenty of beds but no room on the terrace to put them. God knows what it will be like in high season! We always used the pool at the sister hotel within the same complex. That hotel was still closed when we left on Saturday, so plenty of room even if you didn't get to the pool until 10.00. Our kids enjoyed the waterpark, although it might be a bit small if you have older kids or teenagers - the hotel were offering a "special offer" to the waterpark - 10 euros each on their coach. One thing they don't advertise though is the Fiestaland minibus - it picks up from the Fiesta hotels in San Antonio 3 times a week and drops you almost outside the waterpark in Playa d'en Bossa - only 2 euros 10 each. We saved 30 euros on what the hotel wanted to charge and over 50 euros on what Thomson wanted for the same trip! Be quick to book though, as there is only about 12 seats on the bus and it goes Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

We had a great time and would definitely return - our boys didn't want to come home. Ask if you want to know anything else
Just returned from the Tanit - no air conditioning, but wasn't too much of a problem when we went. I can imagine it would be quite uncomfortable in high season though. We emjoyed our stay. Let me know if you want to know anything further
Jill I have added the hotel to our review site if you would like to post a review for us on there we would be grateful:-

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/ibiza/san-antonio/fiesta-tanit-hotel/

Many Thanks
Thanks - have done so
I can't speak from personal experience, but my nextdoor neighbour went to the Tanit last summer, and she still talks about it now! When I was looking to book my holiday, she brought her brochure round specifically to show me which page the Tanit was on, so I could find it easily in the Travel Agents!
my family and friends stayed at the hotel tanit 2 years ago ( mid aug ). everything was brill. if you cant find enough room around the pool the coved beach is beautiful (2 minutes walk through sister hotel).
Me, hubby and two kids 10 and 13 are going to this hotel July 05.
Any info would be gratefully received!
I believe Hotel was to be refurbished over last winter, does anyone know if it now has air conditioning in rooms. Also do rooms have fridge, kettle, or hairdryer?
Are ice creams and bottled water included in the AI?
Are inflatables allowed in pool?
Can we use the facilities of the Cala Gracio hotel?

Have never been to Ibiza before and am bit concerned as didn't realise this Hotel was close to San Antonio town! Is San An as bad as they say??

Am excited about trying Ibiza for hols but hope I haven't made a bad choice of location!!! :roll:

Whaddya think??
Hi Kazzi

the Tannit is in a good location just north of the town and not in the bay area, its not far from an area known as the sunset strip which as you can guess is a group of bars ont he sea front where people of all nationalities and ages gather to watch the sun go down whilst listening to chill out music int he back ground. I go to Ibiza every year at least once to san antonio and personally find it my favourite destination, (Im 42, so not part of the 18-30 crowd), dont always believe what you sea in the tele, whilst there are some busier parts of the town, they arnt as bad as you think and you will realise when you get there that its just as much a family resort as any other :wink:
Kazzi, Click on the search and type in Tanit as there have been quite a few threads on this hotel, all good! They each contain snippets of info.

Our one and only trip to ibiza was to this hotel in 2002. It is in walking distance (15-20 mins) of San AN. the bull bar? is on the way.

There are little black spiny type things on the rocks in the water so take a needle and get some oil from the dining rooms. Lovely bay just right for snorkelling at the back and around the corner.

We had a purse snatched from a bag at the bus station in town so take care there, but apart from that we had no problems at all.

We tried a meal in another of the chain but even though the food looked the same it was greasy to the point of being inedible, so we were especially pleased we chose the tanit.
I went to Hotel tanit in 1998 so before it was refurbished I was only 16 at the time but it was fantastic. I wasnt keen on being too near town but it was just near enough for it to be handy but bthere was no noise. It may have really changed, but if I was to go back to Ibiza agin I would book this hotel. A great family hotel so dont panic and has a private beach which is lovely
My favorite place. Been in 2000 and 2003 and it was fab. Far enough away from San An to get any hassle. Ice cream is help you self to tubs next to bar as is tea and coffee. Bottled water not included.
A great indoor bar opens at 7pm and serves all drinks in glasses as long as you stay within the inside bar.
Have fun , we did and shall return some time

Robert
Thanks guys for your comments, you have re-assured me bout this one!
I'm off to the tanit in 6 days for two weeks so will post a review when I return with any up-to-date info. I've read loads of reviews on this place on here and other sites and all them are really good so fingers crossed!

caroline
I hope u enjoy your stay at the Tanit. Remember to walk around the coast way to an Antonio at evening and view the fab sunset, some nice bars at sunset strip to sit and watch sun set

Robert.
this reply is for kazzi who is going to the hotel tanit , ive just returned from there with my partner and two children , ive got one thing to say your going to love it!!! there are hairdryers in the rooms also air conditioning but no fridges , ur not allowed large inflateables in the pool to which we discovered after we bought them!!! but u can use them at the beach. this hotel is fab the ice creams are free all day and u can use the cala gracio pool aswell which is lovely, hope u enjoy it as much as we did ,if there are any more questions feel free to ask happy hols :lol:
hi all
got back from the tanit last tues was fantastic, no complaints ! I will post a full review when get a mo so bear with me! post any questions tho in the meantime if needed
jacky u must have been there when I was (16-30 may ) hope i was behaving myself ha ha
When posting please pay due regard to the warning above the reply box entitled Rules of Posting.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.