Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
thanks Caroline for the information it sounds great let's hope the weather is ok in October.
Off to the Tanit on 9th August for a couple of weeks & it is good to hear that the chaos of last year seems to have been addressed.

Can anyone let me know if the hotel shows live footy or if not are there any teenager friendly bars in reasonable distance that do (son 13 and nephew 14)?

Many thanks

Peter
Anyone?

I am off tomorrow so any feedback gratefully received

Thanks
Hi Dodgypete

We're off to this hotel the middle of October so would appreciate your comments when you return. Have a good holiday.

Jean
hello eveyone, i'm new to this dicussion, i'm looking at booking this hotel for myself, hubby and my 5 children aged 15,13,11,4 and 23 months at the end of june 2009, firstly could anyone tell me how hot it is around that time (day and night) and how warm the pools are (i dont like really cold pools) also the kids want to know if they can take inflatable in the pool? is there any problems with mozzies, just been to turkey and got bitten badly! thanks for any help given :tup
Hi Hayley/John
No you cant take inflatables in the pool(strict lifegaurd!) never saw any mossies or used any sprays,weather wise we have been to ibiza end of June before,not sure what the temp was but def hot!pool temp shouldnt be too bad,evenings i wore a light cardi,but i always feel cold,got my central heating on already!
Hi, i've just been looking at this hotel for mid October - we've been the Fiesta Don Carlos in Santa Eulalia and was impressed with Fiesta. Hotel looks pretty good but we have a 2 year old and not sure whether it'll be ok for her or not - is it very remote?
yes its about a good 15/20 min walk to san an main area. thats if you know the back streets and short cuts.up to you really you could try the milord/palmyra in the bay area.would be better for a small family.or look at playa den bossa.don toni.palm beach...all 4 hotels are fiesta.s.playa den bossa hotels are only 10 mins away if that to main area.on a main road lots of shops bars on the way.and its flat.plam beach is a superfamily hotel.loads for kids to do.

4 more choices for you to think about.what dates you thinking of going anyway
Hi Woodys Girl,

Went to the Tanit in August and have been to the Don Carlos twice before - we preferred the Don Carlos overall.

The Tanit is initially more impressive but we preferred the size of the Don Carlos and the food is far better too. Outside of July / August I would guess the worst flaw of the Tanit would be absent - the over crowding and limited space on the main sun terrace. That said, the hotel will still act as one almighty sun block for large parts of the day.

I have written what I would call a fair report on Trip Advisor.

& hello djwoody - thanks for your pm regarding my question posted earlier. Unfortunately I did not log on in time to readit and only found it tonight lol
Is anyone going to the Tanit from October 18th as my family will be there. We've met up with a number of friends on the Benidorm HT forum and would like to meet someone on the Ibiza forum.

Jean
jean i will be in ibiza from the 6th till 24th,staying in pdb but its only a bus a way.
Hi Djwoody I forgot you said you'd be there at the same time as us and you've helped me a lot lately. Maybe we could arrange to meet up.

Jean
We have just returned from the Tanit hotel. When we arrived to book in we were surprised to see Danny H in reception. He had arranged a holiday at this hotel so that he could deliver our Golden Wedding card personally!! We were still getting over the shock nearly a week later. What a caring and thoughtful person he is. How he kept this a secret we'll never know, but we were so pleased to see him and had a most enjoyable holiday together with my family and Danny.

This is a lovely spotless hotel, the cleaners are working all day. All the staff are very friendly and helpful The food was very basic, okay if you like chicken as it was on every mealtime. Some of the food from the show cooking wasn't cooked enough.

Jean
Hi, I've just returned from here on Saturday and what a FanTANITastic time we all had.

This was a surprise for Jean and her family who I've met 3 times now and the look on their face was priceless especially Jean.

We all had such a good time and the hotel was overall fantastic, couldn't at all fault the staff they are ever so friendly. We all stayed next to each other on the 4th floor and the rooms were like new very spacious and spotless with a big floor fridge, no signs of any ware or tear we all had an amazing sea view too.

The food I really enjoyed although very basic and the show cooking as Jean says some times wasn't cooked enough but with a big Que and only putting a few things on at the time is it any wonder, but the burgers were lovely though, back me up here Caroll :rofl

I actually really enjoyed the entertainment there, like the Karaoke night, disco night, Mama Mia, and then watching everyone doing the winners hubbub bubba dance and especially the twist what Eddie got up and did that had me in stitches all night as I hared about it previous, I thought that was fantastic Eddie :D

We walked a few times in to San Antonio and went on a boat trip with Jean's daughter (Caroll) and her son Richard which we really enjoyed.

We have already been talking about going again; there were tears on the last day it was sad to be going.

Thanks once again to you all for the involvement we shared together considering It was unexpected for you too.

Happy anniversary Jean and Eddie I'm so glad it finished it of nicely for you and can't wait to see you all again next year my good friends.

Danny ;)
hi all yes just came back from the Tanit spending the week with northantsj hubby (my mum and dad) my son and Dannyh. Had a good time hotel was ok location ok only a spar shop nearby. Food we've been spoilt at another hotel so didn't think there was much choice but we survived Dannyh how many burgers did we eat in a week? Only 167 days to next holiday. Caroll
Hi All,

Staying at the Tanit in May 09 with freinds, one of which is in a wheelchair, can anyone tell me how the access is around the hotel/island.

Cheers :)
Hi rededd28

I am also going to the tanit in July and have been reading reviews here and on other forums. Although most reviews are good it doesn't recommend for people with disabilities (particularly reviews on Trip Advisor) :(

Hopefully access to and around hotel/ pool will be okay and you all have a good time anyway.

Would love to hear your views when you return :cheers
have stayed in the tanit for the last two years great hotel great food the pool and grounds are on seperate levels but there are several ramps dotted about the place you can get around both pools and the grounds with a wheelchair no probs
you may have difficulty getting to the beach as there alot of steps
they have just compleated a new coastal path which runs all the way to san an a great walk after dinner.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.