Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Whole thing postponed indefinitely while the idiots get their act together, as it now appears facilities not in place.

UK: Biometric data for Visas delayed till further notice
High Commission of India Press Note 195 … Biometric data collection will begin as and when introduced, after the technical facilities are put in place. The beginning of mandatory biometric data collection will be announced in advance

Buffoons. :que
Whole thing postponed indefinitely while the idiots get their act together, as it now appears facilities not in place.

However looking at the website it does appear that the silly twonks managing this farce have moved to eliminate all postal applications already.
The website at
http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/
is now a complete mixed up shambles with many internal links marked by question marks. Whoever designs and maintains this pile of junk really ought to be immediately fired.

And heaven help anyone today who is trying to get a new visa for travel they have already booked.
This mess must have seriously damaged tourism to India.
ukbill wrote:

However looking at the website it does appear that the silly twonks managing this farce have moved to eliminate all postal applications already.
The website at
http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/
is now a complete mixed up shambles with many internal links marked by question marks. Whoever designs and maintains this pile of junk really ought to be immediately fired.

And heaven help anyone today who is trying to get a new visa for travel they have already booked.
This mess must have seriously damaged tourism to India.

What a joke, its so stupid you wouldnt know whether to laugh or cry. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot :rofl
Going back on 20 the of march will I still be able to use my visia I got in December?
Or do we need the new ones
Provided it is a six month or longer MULTI-entry,with validity till the end of your trip, then no problems at all.
Postal visa applications definitely finish on 16th March, regardless of the now postponed biometric palava.
botany bay wrote:
Would be interested to read what other, regular, members of this forum (if there are any left :wave: ) think about these new visa rules?

We've just come back from our 20th visit to Goa.

OH had already decided that he's ready for a change but visits in person for visas would have probably put us off as we are quite a way from the nearest centres.
We are retired so time is not a factor but for those people who work I'm sure having to take a day off work just to get travel documentation will make them think harder about returning to Goa.

We were chatting in Candolim to a couple we've met over the years, they've been going for 6 months for at least the last 20 years and she said if it meant a trip in person to get her visa, she'd not be going back.

We heard several rumours whilst in Goa about the visa fee being increased, one report said £240, another £200.

Even if we intended going back in November, we'd hold off booking until the price was clarified.
I would never pay £400 just for a visa.
Prettypollycat

The visa fee has actually gone down a little to £89, obviously living a distance from the application centre will deter many but I have a feeling regular visitors will just feel its worth the effort and large numbers (myself included) will not have far to travel. Time will tell
I'd guess the few remaining Goa charter flights by Thomson and Thomas Cook will get cancelled next winter if the visa situation stays crazy. They will not want to fly half empty longhaul jets as there are unlikely to be new tourists heading for Goa - just the longterm regulars and many of those folk now use Qatar or other scheduled carriers.
silentman wrote:
Prettypollycat

The visa fee has actually gone down a little to £89, obviously living a distance from the application centre will deter many but I have a feeling regular visitors will just feel its worth the effort and large numbers (myself included) will not have far to travel. Time will tell

I'm not sure that a drop of £2.76 in the visa price will tempt those people who have already voted with their feet to return to Goa. :-P

Especially coupled with travel costs to a centre and possibly losing a day from your holiday entitlement.
Some of the people we chat to in Goa are really tight on holidays as it is.

The long-termers will probably consider it worth it as they won't have the issue of losing a days holiday but for people like us who go twice a year for 3 weeks using charter airlines, I think it really might be the beginning of the end.

I agree with ukbill, we are already seeing the 'thin end of the wedge' for charter flights with Monarch pulling out of Goa altogether and Thomson ceasing flights from Manchester.
Right this moment I'm in Thailand again, second visit in less than 4 months. Two weeks here in a nice clean 3star hotel with a massive lagoon pool, including breakfast, and lovely comfortable Emirates nice timed flights from Manchester, and transfers to/from Bangkok airport cost me 750 quid all together booked via Hayes and Jarvis - part of TUI/Thomson - and that allows for single room supplement!.
A can of excellent Singha beer is 60pence supermarket or a pound in a bar, chang beer is stronger and cheaper. Eating out costs whatever you want to pay, very little for simple Thai restaurants to expensive for fancy ones with traditional thai shows. It's 34degC today and has been all the time I've been here. Lots to see, polite people wbo make Brits welcome, and NO EXPENSIVE SILLY BLOODY VISA MESS!
Goodbye India!
Prettypollycat wrote:
silentman wrote:
Prettypollycat

I'm not sure that a drop of £2.76 in the visa price will tempt those people who have already voted with their feet to return to Goa. :-P

Prettypollycat
I was referring to the reduction more as a comment because of people saying the visa fee was going up to some figure in the region of £200, there are so many rumours and inaccurate statements going around at the moment.
From what I can gather reading other forums there are plenty booking for next season and Qatar don't appear to have had a sale yet with prices when we go up £100 from last year
silentman
I mentioned £200 (and £240) in my earlier post but clearly said they were rumours, not that the price was going up.

For me, as a 3 maybe 4 weeker twice a year, I'd not consider going if I couldn't get a decently priced non-stop flight so Qatar prices are not relevant to me.

There's quite a few people on TA saying they're not going back and the majority of posters on this thread are saying the same.

Maybe introduction of VOA for 30 day stays (if they ever decide to extend it to us Brits) may change some people's minds but I think the current policy of having to travel to a centre will be the deal-breaker for a lot of repeat visitors and will not encourage new people to try Goa.
Hi all :cheers
im sorry to say but the wife and i will not be returning to Goa (or India) until the visa situation is sorted...and we are treated like most other tourists....30 day visa on arrival....its not a lot to ask :que
Just had 2 fantastic week in Sri Lanka....visa £18....easy :tup
It now appears that the whole caboodle, biometrics, compulsory attendance, et al has been completely cancelled.

Unable to confirm as VFS (or VFW as it now seems to be called) website has been down all evening.

Don't these idiots realise how stupid they look or how much damage they have done?
VFS website now back up, confusing as always.

Here is the IHC press release from last Friday, 20th March.........

https://www.hcilondon.in/press.php?id=200
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.