All Inclusive Holidays

Discussions relating to all inclusive style holidays
We have this hotel in our reviews section but no reviews yet, so anyone visiting this year please feel free to add your review :D
Sarah
Its not open until feb 2007
Debbie
I've booked to go next Easter (2007)! Can't wait, it sounds great & I've gone for one of the family suites too. Let's hope it's ready in time, lol!
Forgot to say, they also do all-inclusive child prices up to age 14, rather than 12 like most AI hotels, so that was another bonus. :D
Sounds lovely, but I can't find it anywhere on the First Choice website :shrug
I've had a look on the FC website, it isn't listed with the holiday villages HERE and I've tried to find it by doing a holiday search with no luck.

It isn't listed on the ECLIPSE website either.

There's a topic about it in the Caribbean forum HERE.

I'm wondering if FC have taken it off their website due to them not being sure it'll be completed on time....this is only a suggestion, I haven't heard this for sure, but there have been problems with FC hotels not being fully functional by the opening date in the past (I think the Pegasos hotels in Turkey had problems when they first took guests).

Pippy :D
I'm wondering if FC have taken it off their website due to them not being sure it'll be completed on time....this is only a suggestion, I haven't heard this for sure, but there have been problems with FC hotels not being fully functional by the opening date in the past

Yes, they had terrible problems with the Hotel Royal Park in Bulgaria didn't they? It was on Holidays from Hell, and it still doesn't get great reviews even now. Anyway, I'll keep an eye the FC website for more info about this new place, I fancy a change from the Med and I've always wanted to go to Mexico.
I rang them on Friday after noticing it was no longer available for booking on their website. Apparently it may not be open in time due to some Mexican licensing laws :cry:

I asked then what was to happen with my booking (& deposit!), but was told that they were still waiting on confirmation about the licensing laws and whether it would affect the opening date before contacting their customers. If the opening date is put back a couple of months, they will either:
a) offer an alternative holiday & will not charge an admin fee (of course if it costs more, you will have to pay the difference)
b) offer different dates for the same accommodation
c) if neither of the above are acceptable to you, you will get your deposit refunded.

They were not prepared to refund my deposit at the moment as it is still not confirmed whether they will be able to open in time for my booking (April 07). If not, I will re-book for the summer. I am really keen to stay here, especially since they do the child prices up to 14, we wouldn't be able to afford to go to Mexico otherwise.

Just a case of waiting for FC to get back to me now, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed...........
This sounds familiar FC do it again :evil:

FC don't seem to have a handle on holiday villages as the one in Turkey was a disaster when it opened last year and the one in Greece I think in Kos, is now not ready and won't be opening so everyone is having to move. The saga still continues with the PT and PP in Turkey even this year.

I would love to go to Mexico but never with FC. :?

My advise is don't let them fob you off but it's difficult because people have been told so many lies, no one knows what to believe anymore. :x

Good luck though and I hope it's a success.
I waited for over a month & still nothing from FC, so tried (& tried & tried!) to get them on the telephone last Tuesday. 3rd phone call & after being on hold for 45 mins :rage I eventually got to speak to someone in the correct department.

This time I was told that building work has been halted as the Mexican government may not give permission for the building to be more than 1 storey high. They were hopeful it would be sorted out by May or June this year at the latest. I asked that if they were granted planning permission again, when is the soonest they could hope to be open next year. I was told it would be at least June, so I asked for my deposit back.

Very annoyed that they did not make any effort to get in touch with me, I only knew about the building problems from reading these forums after I'd already booked my holiday.

I would love to go there once it is all (hopefully!) up & running, but realistically, it doesn't sound like it will be for next summer, never mind easter.

I just wonder how many other customers' deposits they are hanging onto & gaining interest on, knowing full well that they will not be able to accommodate them on the dates they want! Quite a few, I'm sure - if it wasn't for this forum, I'd still be blissfully unware!
I tried to obtain a price for this yesterday and was told it was coming out of the books and the promo had been cancelled and it had to date against it now sorry it isnt good news.
hi

when we were looking at booking this holiday for next year, we were ging to book the holiday village mexico, after looking in the brochures and on the website and finding it not there, we asked in our local first choice shop and they told us that they didn't know much but they might be putting it back a couple of months but when we phoned the number on the brochures they said there had been complications with the mexico holiday village and they won't be taking any more bookings for this resort until things have been reslved and it is possible that it may not be open until 2008.

So we are going to the holiday village in majorca next year instead.

Good luck but the way they were talking on the phone I really don't think they will be open in time for next easter.

Sorry for the bad news.

Sam
Got my deposit refunded by First Choice, it doesn't look like it's getting the go-ahead at all. I see they are now advertising a new holiday village in Puerto Plata in the Domincan Republic for next year. We were in the Domincan 5 years ago & loved it, but would prefer to try Mexico if we were having another Caribbean holiday. I have read somewhere else that it is the old Jack Tar Village they are renovating for the holiday village.

Have now ended up booking to go to Florida in October 2007 instead, we were there nearly 2 years ago & I've been itching to get back ever since, so not all bad news! :D
just wondering if anyone will be visiting this place?

it is called holiday village white sands and is in Cozumel, Mexico and opens in May 2008 :)

we've booked and keep searching around for new information!

so has anyone booked to stay here?!
That sounds very nice - we have stayed at a Holiday Village with First Choice of which was all good - but a new one opening there would defo be a hit for me!
I have booked to go to the Holiday Village White Sands in Cozumel flying from Gatwick on 20th September. I have looked at the island on Mircrosoft Virtual Earth and you can see the hotel quite clearly, the beach, the huts and the tennis courts. :cheers
sunseeker - yeah we have been to a holiday village before & have been wanting to go to Mexico for a while now so thought we would book!

Tifah - thanks for that, im gonna look for it now! and we go from gatwick on the 27th September :D
Hello can you tell me who you booked with we can not find it any were :cheers
Hi Celine

Holiday village White sands only available through First Choice
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.