Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
There's probably very little you can do about this as far as compensation is concerned - most TOs include the possiblity that this can happen and they usually reserve the right to do it. If you don't want to transfer your booking to another holiday with them then the most you are probably entitled to is a full refund of any money's paid so far to them because it will count as major change to your holiday. This will enble you to book with another To It can be one of the risks of booking a long time in advance before the next season's flight schedules are confirmed etc.
They've broken their contract with you surely, so you'll be entitled to a full refund.

We used to have a travel law solicitor who was great at helping our members but unfortunately she retired. I've rang a few on your behalf for assistance but they only seem interested in sickness claims.........

I'd ring citizens advice. It's articles 12 & 13 of the package travel regulations that are relevant.

Good luck & please let us know how you get on.
i think you will struggle to get much more than a nominal offer from them.
when booking holidays so far in advance the tour companies are selling holidays without the actual flights being confirmed as they do not know if they will get their preferred slots when they are allocated by the AAC (i think it is them that allocate the slots). people get caught by this every holiday season with day time flights changed to night flights and switches in airports.
there is also the problem that the holiday companies may not yet have a contract for the hotels in the brochure so far in advance and we see the situation where people have booked a year in advance and then have to change hotels because the tour company have not been able to secure the hotel bookings they anticipated getting
the adjustments to flight times affect all companies and there is usually something in the T&Cs to cover this.
there will also be something in the T&Cs about changes to airports, but you are still flying from "london" so they will not need to offer you anything. you may even struggle to get a full refund if you cancel as this change to the airport will be classed as a minor change.
check the T&Cs but i think you will find you just have to accept this change to your flights.
You should get a full refund. Before you go for that, try pricing it all up with buying flights and accomodation separately. You might be surprised with the prices. A TO isn't always the cheapest deal.
I know it's a very late inbound flight but you sound like you have found the perfect holiday for your family at a good price. I would be inclined not to let that go and stomach the horrid landing time.
I live 20 min from gatwick but will fly from Luton or Stansted if the price is right.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.