Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: First Choice
754 Posts
Someone posted on another board that FC had told them winter 2012/13 was on sale 10th November. I can't vouch for how accurate that info is though.
Thanks Sunaddict ! Let's see if they proved right ;-)
I complained on First Choice Facebook page and promptly got a call from there head office i have now changed my holiday to what i would want and am a happy person now
anyone have an idea on when First Choice Tropical will be available for Winter 2012-2013 ?

I'm really interested in seeing these when they come out, because by then the 787 Dreamliners should be operating for Thomson airlines, and maybe, just maybe, we will see some new interesting destinations. Rather than just the usual Caribbean islands, Cancun, Goa, Kenya mix.
It would be great to see more in Asia - Thailand, or that resort in China that MyTravel offered in the past (Sanya?).
Or even just bring back Kerala, or Sri Lanka, or Brazil maybe.

Is the TUI rumour factory talking about new destinations yet?
Can't see them adding new destinations when it is apparent they couldn't flog enuf of the old destinations to keep them ie no Costa Rica,Margarita and "consolidation" of some destinations to one departure airport!
One date mentioned for winter 2012/13 was 10th November.
I'm still (faintly) hopeful.

Costa Rica vanished for a year from the brochures, but came back in winter 2010, I went then and it was wonderful. I'd really like to go back.
I went to Puerto Vallarta with FC way back in summer 2007, and that was an interesting new experience. It would be great if they re-introduced that.

The 787 was billed as capable of longer more comfortable flights, hopefully TUI will capitalise on the availability of this new plane in their fleet, rather than just shuttle them backward and forwards to the same old destinations.
I emailed First Choice last week to see if there were any plans to re-introduce Costa Rica or Huatulco.
The answer was not for the forseeable future. Its unfortunate because they had very convenient flights to these destinations.
I can confirm that long haul destinations for winter 2012-2013 are on sale and online on First Choice website ! They don't have Goa anymore as they don't use any All Inclusive there so it's been moved to Thomson. For the rest, no new destinations at the moment.
It's only:
Cuba (Guardalavaca only, no Varadero)
Dominican Republic (Punta Cana only, no Puerto Plata, Samana or La Romana)
Mexico (Caribbean Coast only)
Maldives
Kenya
Jamaica (Montego Bay)

I'm conifident the choices will be improved in the next few months ...
They are going to Puerto Plata, and also Varadero from Manchester.
Sorry ! I should have precised it was from Gatwick, I have to say I didn't check other departure points in the UK ... So they also fly to Puerto Plata and Varadero but from Manchester (but no Guardalavaca), Mexico only from Birmingham and nothing from Glasgow for the moment.
They fly to PP from Gatwick as well.
Not for winter 2012 at present on their website though ...
Your right. They are doing one date in November and then from 24 March.
no maldives from manchester winter 2012/13! I don`t know why this is as we go every year and each time the flight is full-any answers? devastated as wanted to fly on the 787 in march 2013 as milestone birthday looming!
Uncertainty over the exact dates of the 787 and what's going to happen to the 767's has led to a number of reductions next year.
Anyone had any problems trying to pay online with firstchoice? Ive tried this morning, now saying cannot manage this booking online, Ive recently made payments online, it wont even let me go into my account.
Does anyone have any idea when Summer 2013 holidays go on sale. I like to book early because it takes so long to save up!
26th April for long haul holidays
3rd may for short haul preview
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.