Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: First Choice
754 Posts
Hi Dave

Unfortunatly it's no different with Thomson either, 12 weeks there as well, so not much point in switching even if the holiday is the same price.

A few of us were discussing this, on this thread a few weeks back,

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=155061

Doe :sun2
Can I just say to any one booking their honeymoon with First Choice.....just don't! We booked with First Choice as we wanted a company to deal with it all. We are going to the Maldives and Dubai. The told us they would set up our 'honey fund' and sort out all the card inserts for our invitations. We are asking for money towards trips etc as we have lived together so long we don't need anything for the house. Well basically we have just found out that they don't do that anymore. They stopped doing the inserts over a year ago! Then we found out that as First Choice had booked us through Hayes and Jarvis then we don't qualify for the First Choice honey fund service. The whole point in booking was to have the travel agent co-ordinate everything so we didn't have too! What makes me more angry is that we spent 3hours in the shop booking it all and discussing every detail and the made promises they can't do! Of course the shop couldn't care less as they now have our booking and customer services said it was a break down in communication.............anyway, we have now had to pay £60 to go with an independant honeymoon registry. I think I will book elsewhere from now on!
Just tried to pay off part of the balance for my October holiday online - won't let me, comes up with Manage my Booking error,says it can't be managed online - just tells me to phone 0844 number - anyone else experienced problems :que
Yer I had that problem with mine this year, so I went into thomsons shop to pay mine, just take your refernce number with you, and they will do it, saves wasting money on phoning.
brewerdave wrote:
Just tried to pay off part of the balance for my October holiday online - won't let me, comes up with Manage my Booking error,says it can't be managed online - just tells me to phone 0844 number - anyone else experienced problems :que

...MyFirstChoice site will still not let me pay any of the balance online - same message as 10 days ago - anyone else had success :que
Try their switchboard on 024 7628 2828.

luci :wave
You can also go into any FC/Thomson shop and pay the balance there .
denny.53 wrote:
You can also go into any FC/Thomson shop and pay the balance there .

Thanks - that's what I'm going to do - can't face a queue on the phone :(

Just wonder why the website won't let me pay the balance?
For info. for others booking thru First Choice - I managed to pay the remaining balance online ..but only after they had sent me the email reminder saying it was due in 2 weeks!!Don't know if that is coincidence or not.
Prior to that it wouldn't let me pay anything as my original plan had been to pay chunks off after each pay day, leaving the last payment until the due date - just can't be bothered now!
:think Strange one, but thanks for letting us know :tup
Trying to print eTicket for holiday coming up very soon. Followed the email from FC but it is failing to print with the message
General Failure - cannot find the file http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/help/before-you-go/tickets/ The system cannot find the file
Then if I try to login to the "My First Choice" facility I get a different error
General failure - http:// eticketing.firstchoice.co.uk/t/..... The system cannot find the file specified.
This normally works fine for me.
Is the First Choice web facility currently broken??
After some effort, I think I solved the problem.
The actual Email sent to me by First Choice to tell me about my eTicket had embedded bad links which simply do not work! Clicking on the buttons in the mail result in failure messages.
By going directly to the "MyFirstChoice" facility (finding the address using Google) and then inputting my details I was able to logon and print my eTicket.

Hope this helps anyone else struggling with the same problem.
I've had trouble on the First Choice website as I too often like to pay off a bit of the holiday. I discovered that I was putting my partners name in as the lead passenger when it is actually in my name.

You have to get all the details correct!

If you've done all that....? who knows lol

Louise
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.