Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Unforunately, I don't think you will be able to, as the new time was on the tickets...it is widely published in both brochures and paperwork from travel agents that flight times can be 'subject to change'

The onus would have been on you to check the tickets fully when they arrived
Yes I agree, though it would have been good of them to put a note in with the tickets to that effect.

I can't help but look at my tickets over and over again myself! Not for mistakes or changes particularly, just excitement about impending holiday!
I do the same, SandC, I even read the small print, I get so excited! :D
I got my tickets from Thomas Cook the other day, and I had to go into the store to pick them up. The wonderful woman (Shona from the Bracknell store who got me the cheapest of cheap holidays!) went through the tickets to check the flight times/dates and the names were spelt correctly.

Even though it's a bit more inconvieniant to have to go "instore" and impossible to if you buy online, to do so does give the added bonus of being able to have the "professionals" check it out for you!

I agree though, there should be an email or a letter to make things explicit, particularly for partially sighted passengers!
i`m afriad it`s your own fault - you didn`t check the tickets and nothing is confirmed yuntill you get the tickets!
there is unfortunatly a lesson to be learnt here, and thats check your tickets completly before doing anything else.
I Agree with befreetoday its your responsibility to check your tickets even though it must have been a real disappointment missing your flights and feel really sorry for you. I always book my flights online but always check before I go if any flight time changes have been made either departing or returning, it the safest thing to do. I'm sure you wont make this mistake again after this experience Cheers jayjan
My sympathies are with you Mrs Kane, but legally, you're stuffed.

I can support every poster's view here - reading the tickets is essential.

I often post on this site usually in topics where I feel the passenger is entitled to some redress from a tour op., travel agent, carrier or hotel but in order to provide a balanced view, the carrier is legally blameless in this instance.

I do take the point however that a note included with the tickets pointing out the fact that you should check the ticket flight times might have been useful. This should perhaps be standard practice for all carriers.

Mike
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.