Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Welcome to the forums Magiccat :tup

Regarding getting from the airport is there anything on your confirmation invoice about transfers being included?
Firstly, Check if transfers are included in your booking. If not there are lots of companies who do door to door transfers which you can book before you go. ( Never get into an airport taxi without agreeing a price ) I always use an English couple who run a transfer business and have never let us down, can give details if interested. ( a Transfer should cost approx. 100 lev for a return journey. )

Plenty of youngsters thoroughly enjoy SB and children welcome in bars. A number of these put on entertainment such as Magic Shows, Parrot Shows. Here is a link to a site giving lots of info on SB.

http://www.sunny-beach-bulgaria.com/
Only exchange your money ( clean English £20/£10 notes, no writing or rips ) at any of the banks ( 3 on the main street opposite Hotel Kuban ) or at a Crown Exchange booth. DO NOT use any other booths no matter what they are offering as you will get ripped off.
We normally end up spending £800-£900 between 2 adults for a 14 day stay and that includes eating/drinking out every night as well as treats. Bulgaria is the cheapest country in the EU and your money goes a lot further.

If you see beggars, totally ignore. If anyone offers you fruit on the street do not under any circumstance take even a grape as they will then charge you totally outrageous prices. Just say " Nay " and walk away.

Do get on the local bus and visit Nessebar old town, This is the oldest town in Europe and a world heritage site. The bus drops you off at the gates ( harbour )
Only exchange your money ( clean English £20/£10 notes, no writing or rips ) at any of the banks ( 3 on the main street opposite Hotel Kuban ) or at a Crown Exchange booth. DO NOT use any other booths no matter what they are offering as you will get ripped off.
We normally end up spending £800-£900 between 2 adults for a 14 day stay and that includes eating/drinking out every night as well as treats. Bulgaria is the cheapest country in the EU and your money goes a lot further.

If you see beggars, totally ignore. If anyone offers you fruit on the street do not under any circumstance take even a grape as they will then charge you totally outrageous prices. Just say " Nay " and walk away.

Do get on the local bus and visit Nessebar old town, This is the oldest town in Europe and a world heritage site. The bus drops you off at the gates ( harbour )
Hi.

toonman says only use Crown exchange or the banks he seems to have forgotten that $tring exchange is also safe to use .

Robbie
Forgot to say you don't need injections. Robbie is quite correct in saying $trings Exchanges are ok, only reason didn't mention was I didn't want to complicate matters for a 1st timer, especially when you're there for a week only.
Thanks Guys, appreciate all the advice. I do have transfers as part of my holiday booked through Thomas Cook, so that should make things easier.

We are really looking forward to going, it puts us at ease a bit from the advice you gave.

Thanks Again :)
MagicCat :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.