Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Charlotte,

Stop worrying!

There's a recent good view of the Yavor Palace: http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/bulgaria/sunny-beach/yavor-palace-hotel/

If you've seen some bad ones don't worry. Some people have funny ideas. If you go to Bulgaria with an open mind determined to enjoy yourselves and you will.

Weather, we have a thread HERE, but don't bother looking. Bulgarian weather like ours can be unpredictable, but all things being equal you should find it stonking hot in July.

Don't worry about bars, clubs and restaurants, you'll find your own and the only valid recommendations are from those who have been this season. What were good last year might not be there this, and could have changed hands.

Ladies of the night, no worries. They don't bother men accompanied by their own ladies.

There should be young people there from all over Europe, and for more general chat on Bulgaria we have THIS thread.

Peter
Don't know about any young couples but this old couple will be flying out 9th july
Horses :D
Hi Charlotte,

Manfred (bulgarienfan) has made a current restaurant recommendation HERE - he's in Sunny Beach at the moment.

Baldur
hi, just wondering how is sunny beach we are going in 5 more days and just wondering if there is anything i need to know and any good info would help loads thanks :?
Looks reasonably quiet at the moment, judging by the webcam, have you checked our Resort Reports?

Baldur
not checked out nothing yet we are staying at sunny fort not sure about anything not been bulgaria before
really could do with a bit of advice got 4 children going with me :shock:
Hi Jones32
You'll find plenty to do in Sunny Beach, food and drink is very cheap so with 5 children it won't break the bank. If you are taking cash take only clean notes (no rips, tears or writing) on or they won't change them, you get a better rate of exchange in bulgaria, but beware when changing money not to use the people on the street who ask if you want to change money as they will rip you off, use Banks, Crown kiosks or your Hotel.
We to go at the weekend and can't wait, I'm sure you'll have a lovely time enjoy.
Suzie
If you click the blue links in my last post, you will find lots of information, also check the 'sticky' threads at the top of the forum.

Baldur
hi suziew4 that info is brill we go on saturday and starting to get really excited now the kids are buzzing what sort of prices of things are we looking at :lol:
hi baldur cheers for that there is a lot of good info there just one quick question to ask will i have a prob with mozzies
It's a bit early in the season, but mosquitoes are possible - take the usual precautions, just in case.

Baldur
Hi Jones32
Beers start at 1 lev up depending where you go as doe's coke for the kids.
Snacks say a ham & cheese toastie start at around 3 levs, evening meals depends what you like to eat but basically the prices are really cheap and you can keep it as simple as you like, i've even had egg and chips over there as i'm a fussy eater and it was no problem.
Hope this helps
Suzie
cheers for that its nice to have a rough idea on the prices before you go only four more sleeps to go now :D
Thank you everyone for answering my questions! Only 3 weeks to go and I feel much more positive about going now after hearing all those things. I've been to turkey several times, is Sunny beach very different?

Charlotte :P
Charlotte always ask the price of the drinks beforehand as some barstaff will rip you off, watch out for a vietamese bulgarian working in a coctail bar across from the beach HE WILL TRY AND RIP YOU OFF, also a few staff at the arizona bar try to take the p!ss, we got back last saturday and glad to be home, i go on holiday to relax and have a good time not argue about the bar bill... a few bars there do double vodka and mixers for 6 leva, the vietamese/bulgarian guy charges a whole lot more, but if you ask before you buy, then you know what to expect, the beach is fab and hope you have a grand holiday :D
oh and yes there are mozzies there, me mrs got bitten lots, so take some anti mozzie stuff and u will be fine :D :D :D
only 3 more sleeps now getting really excited now but also a bit apprehensive how are the breakfasts over there does anyone know and also where to get the best steak from
yeah you can't beat a good steak! Which restaurants are well worth avoiding?
Beef is a relatively expensive rarity in Bulgaria, not all 'steaks' will be beef (govezhdo). Many, if not most, are much more likely to be veal (teleshko).

The same is true of McDonalds - the burgers are veal, rather than beef.

Baldur
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.