Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi and welcome to HT!

I would suggest Tenerife over Gran Canaria. We have been to both places in both January and February and found Tenerife, particularly Costa Adeje, to be busier with more bars and restaurants open.

luci :wave
Agree with Luci

I would choose Tenerife over Grand Canaria, I haven't stayed in Costa Adeje but have seen it grow over the 30+ years that I have been visiting Tenerife and am actually looking at hotels there for a visit next month.
Thanks for your replies,have taken that on board and am now looking at Costa Adeje . A few questions ......is there a promenade ? plenty of shops ? Also opinions on the Costa Adeje Gran hotel ,is it a long way from the beach and everything . Not really sure on the layout of the resort or where we need to be, don't mind being in a quiet area of a resort as long as we can easily walk to the centre
Tenerife!
Puerto Mogan/Amadores is kind of isolated on the road out of Puerto Rico. If you like quiet, laid back, isolated resorts with a nice marina, small beach and expensive restaurants then go for it.
If you like a selection of beaches, restaurants, bars and shops of all prices, nice scenery, safe and secure and lots of activity if you seek it out then Costa Adeje.
is there a promenade ? plenty of shops ? Also opinions on the Costa Adeje Gran hotel ,is it a long way from the beach and everything

Long promenade stretching across 3 beaches.
Lots of shops, restaurants, bars of all kinds and prices.
Costa Adeje Gran is about 10 mins walk from the El Duque beach, but at the top of a steep hill so it's a labour getting back up. There are shops, bars, restaurants and supermarkets within a few mins walk, 20 mins stroll will get you into the centre of the resort. Beautiful hotel btw.
Pollensa1946 wrote:
Tenerife!
Puerto Mogan/Amadores is kind of isolated on the road out of Playa Del Ingles. .

they are just past PUERTO RICO. :wave:
Thanks for all your help I have booked Costa Adeje staying at the Costa Adeje Gran. I realise it is a walk from the beach and would have preferred a sea front location ,however the price difference was quite substantial for other hotels of this class. Looks lovely anyway I'm really excited can't wait. Just had a very rainy time in Spain last week so need some winter sunshine let's hope the weather is good for us!
ray388 wrote:
Pollensa1946 wrote:
Tenerife!
Puerto Mogan/Amadores...

they are just past PUERTO RICO. :wave:

...and Puerto Rico is on the road out of Playa Del Ingles. However, to remove any confusion I have edited my post. Also, "just past" might suggest a short walk or a few mins bus journey, which is hardly the case.
Hi ladylily, we stayed in Costa Adeje this summer and its a really nice resort , we were in a villa a couple of streets behind the back of the hotel and it looked nice when we walked past the front , there are some bars just to the left of the hotel and also a Chinese restaurant which was good , we also went to Couer de filet near the seafront at Fanabe which is a 10 min walk downhill and if you like steak its well worth going there , there are quite a few restaurants in that area another one being Cordon Rojo which gets quite a few mentions . We sometimes got a taxi to San Eugenio and had a couple of nice meals there , with Carlos being the pick of the bunch . All in all a nice resort , it's new , fairly quietish , generally upmarket and not totally englishified
Thanks again for replies ,sounds to have everything we are looking for so fingers crossed. Can't get my head around the layout of the area really ,is Fanabe an area of Costa Adeje or another resort in itself?
Costa Adeje (literally just meaning the coast of the municipality of Adeje) is an area covering the west side of Las Americas. It is not an individual resort.
It encompasses the beaches and areas of Puerto Colon, Torviscas, Fanabe, Del Duque etc.
All the area has a long walkable promenade with bays of different named beaches - this walk can literally take you from one end of Costa Adeje eg La Caleta, all the way through Las Americas itself and onto Los Cristianos. Total of about 8kms at a guess, then you get a bus back :mrgreen:
From where you are staying I would say your nearest beaches are either Fanabe or Del Duque - your best bet is to call in the Tourist Information Office at Fanabe and collect a free map to get your bearings.
Del Duque has a lovely beach (well they are all lovely really), Fanabe is the biggest and has many watersports from there, carry along around the next bay to Puerto Colon harbour (La Pinta beach) and there you will be able to go on whale and dolphin trips.
You will have a fab time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.