Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Oh Martyn that's awful :(

Many thanks for letting us know. Have you had any more news?
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
Oh Martyn that's awful :(

Many thanks for letting us know. Have you had any more news?

Spoke to Ryanair on the phone, they have sent the amendment off to head office to move our flights to Sat - Sat (was thu-thu) - they were unable to do this over the phone as we had already checked in for the return flight !

Waiting for the email now with new details before we start amending the hotel booking (£35 admin fee). Looks like we'll have lost out on the car parking booking (£46) as it was booked last night on a no-amendment basis :-( - will have to see what the excess is on the insurance policy
Starting to get a little suspicious now.
Had a look on flightradar24 and there are 100's of planes crossing french airspace and a fair few Ryanair flights in there.
Looked round the arrival/departures at leeds / manchester / east midlands and couldn't find any other flights to mainland spain, canaries, balaerics that have been cancelled - only the inbound from Girona to Leeds and my outbound from Leeds to Girona

Wonder if Ryanair have issues with the plane and have used the ATC strike as an easy get out from paying out under EU261/2004 :really
Nice conspiracy theory. Why would you think they would have problems with their aircraft, especially so many of them :-? It's not like they've just cancelled your flight.

They always cancel flights when there's ATC strikes otherwise it has a massive knock on effect on other flights, and long delays just aren't something that Ryanair seem to have in their game plan, due to their very tight schedules.
As I said in my post, I looked round east mids , manchester, leeds bradford airport arrival/departure pages and couldn't see any other cancelled flights.

*** Finally got the Ryanair cancellation page to load(wouldn't load earlier, well it loaded but showed no flights), maybe I was being cynical - looks like 4 UK based flights of Ryanairs are cancelled (1 was the inbound GIR-LBA, 1 was the outbound LBA-GIR) - the other two were london airports hence why I hadn't seen those when I checked airports websites (checked LBA, EMA, MAN)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.