Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
You need to be clear what you're trying to claim for.

If your flight was cancelled you can't claim for delay, you can only claim under the cancelled flight part of the regulations and vice versa. The entitlement to claim under that clause has different criteria to the delay clause.

If it was delay (which it wasn't) it's not the time you arrive home that's applicable, it's the time you arrive at your original destination airport.

You need to read up on EU261/2004.
Hi , the link below might help with whether your situation fits the criteria

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/legal/flight-cancellation-compensation

If you didn't get the seats you booked it might be because of a change of plane ( type ) but they should still refund that charge , not sure why they didnt just put you on the next EDI to LHR plane , as there's about 11 flights a day , can understand its a bit annoying and put you out a bit , but I get the impression that they have tried to get you on the next available flight which was to LGW and agreed to pay for a taxi to get you back to LHR ??
Were you significantly delayed at Edinburgh ? As airlines do have a duty to care and I'm surprised that if this was the case that BA would have issued vouchers so you were not in the situation of " having to buy lunch etc " in Edinburgh
If BA told you to get a taxi home and they would reimburse that could complicate things. When they offer rerouting you can claim compensation if you arrive at your original destination more than 2 hours after schedule. I don't know how they deal with claims when you didn't go to your original destination....... You may have been 3 hours late arriving home, but other people may have been earlier or later, depending on where they lived. Unless BA have a standard 'time' they use for travel from LHR to LGW and vice versa?
I'm a bit confused - which date where you travelling on? I ask because I can't find a 10.00am flight from Edinburgh to Heathrow so I am assuming that unless there has been a very recent timetable change it must have been the 10.30 flight that was cancelled?

Also, where you offered the chance to be put on the next Heathrow or London City flights because apart form Sunday there are BA flights to LCY everyday that leave before the next Gatwick flight after the 10.30 Heathrow departure. Or was it a case of only the Gatwick flight was on offer? Given the chance, I personally I would have plumped for the London City one because the 10.45 flight to there is scheduled to land only 5 mins later than the 10.30 one was scheduled to arrive at Heathrow. A much quicker route home than waiting for the Gatwick one especially if BA was also willing to pay for a taxi from LCY back to Heathrow.

Or given the circumstances where you offered the chance to transfer onto an earlier flight to Heathrow instead? Sunday to Monday there is a flight for Heathrow that leaves at 9.00am but unless the 4.00 am text woke you up you probably wouldn't have been geared up to get to the airport in time for that.

Why I'm asking all these questions is because what you might now be entitled to claim could well depend on exactly what alternative options where made available to you by BA and whether there was an element of choice on your part in the one that was eventually agreed on. It would be difficult to pursue a claim for delay/cancellation based on your eventual arrival time at Heathrow if the earlier flight to LCY had been on offer.

SM
Hi I have been offered some compensation which is reasonable which is only due to the delay and rerouting.
However should I Also entitled to the taxi fare as well from the other airport as I had
To travel back to lgw rather than lhr ?
mikiesb wrote:
Hi I have been offered some compensation which is reasonable which is only due to the delay and rerouting.
However should I Also entitled to the taxi fare as well from the other airport as I had
To travel back to lgw rather than lhr ?

You agreed to be re-routed rather than cancel the flight so they've offered compensation for that. Airlines aren't responsible for consequential loss so they aren't liable for your taxi fare.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.