General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
:D What a pain eh? It's so annoying when this happens :twisted:

I'm 99.9% sure if the flight change is more than 12 hours, you can cancel, and get a refund!

Good Luck!
Thanks bellyballyboo,

I've searched several UK tour operators t&c and many make reference to your point regarding the 12 hour delay.

I read the Flyglobespan t&c again
If we have to cancel a flight for any reason, and no suitable alternative flight is available, then we will upon application refund all monies paid in respect of the cancelled flight. Such refund shall be made to the individuals who paid for each seat. Requests for refunds should in the first instance be made by phoning our Call Centre 08700 541 222 (+44 131 466 7609 if calling from out with the UK) is open between the hours of Mon - Fri 09:00-20:00 and Sat 09:00-17:30 and Sun 10:00-17:00.

The Sunday flight is certainly not a suitable alternative for us - so it should be a straightforward cancellation and full refund for us.

I'll let you know if it went smoothly :!:
Regards

Homer
Flyglobespan cancelled all flights from Aberdeen over the winter and the alternative was to go to Edinburgh 3-1/2 horus drive or Glasgow 4 hours drive. If neither of these were suitable we could have received a full refund. We opted for Edinburgh and got a 50% refund.

luci :wave
Thanks to everyone for their input.

Phoned Flyglobespan - everything went without a hitch - full refund and an apology for the loss of our trip. :)

Too late now to get a decent priced flight out of Glasgow - may just head up into the Highlands for a romantic castle break instead.

Regards to everyone.

Homer
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.