Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Flight delay
8 Posts
Not unless the delay was due to overbooking or cancellation AND was due to factors within the airline's control. What constitutes the latter (and for that matter the difference between a delay and a cancellation) are very grey areas.
Jimbouk,
if you bookd a "package" with T. Cook (or indeed, any other operator) you could attempt to recover a part of the package cost from the tour operator providing your delay caused you to miss a night's accommodation at the destination.

A precedent was set in this regard a few years back against Kuoni. In essence, the tour operator just repay you one seventh or one fourteenth part of the ENTIRE package cost if you are delayed and miss one night - the 7/14 relates to the total number of nights your package should have provided. You can also attempt to claim a nominal £50 per passenger for inconvenience.

A package is generally deemed to exist when two or more of the following elements have been provided: flight, accommodation, car-hire.

Good luck - but the law is on your side with this one. If you were booked as a package and did lose one night's accomm. and the tour op. will not consider your request for refund seek legal advice from Ros Fernihough on 01922 633214
Cheers for the reply
It was Package, we were due to arrive at 4.00am 04th Aug and actually arrived at 1730 so in essence we did not use the room on the night of the 03/04th
Did your package include that first (half) night in the number of night's accommodation ?

For example, if the package was a 7 night deal and the (original) arrival at 04:00am on Sat 4th Aug meant your first genuine night was Saturday (and not Friday) then presumably you would have Sat thru Friday night in the hotel, leaving probably early Sat morning - the 11th Aug.

If this is the case you've not lost a night.

However, if the very early arrival resulted in you having a room immed. upon you arrival in the hotel, that would count as the Friday night/Sat morning. Seven nights would then take you to the following Thursday night inclusive and you'd leave the hotel some time on the Friday - the 10th. It could be you leave at 11pm but you'd not get a night in a room at the hotel on that departure day.

If that is the case you have lost one night's accomm.
the friday night was classed as one of our fourteen nights , we checked out of the room twoo weeks later on the friday at 12 noon
finally heard back from first choice and they say they are liable for nothing.
I can claim for the flight delay from my travel insurance and as far as they are concerned they are wiping their hands of the matter

Does anyone have an email address for Ros Fernihough, think its one i ought to run by her along with a couple of other issues arising from the holiday.
Ros' phone number Tel :- 01922 621114
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.