Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
we have been looking for flights for Turkey since last May they were expensive then, luckily we booked with aegean flights for £100 each they have now gone up to £350 each
We booked ours a while back thank goodness. For some strange reason June seems a bit cheaper at the moment.
As soon as we get back from our holidays we book our flights for the following year, £85 each with Aegean for June.
I know its not always possible for everyone to do that, but if you can its the best way to get a good deal.
Hi portakalsuyu,

Flight only prices are expensive this year, as supply is outstripping demand. As others have said, ther were some bargains around last summer for 2008 - we got ours from MAN to BJV for £70.

Depends on where you are flying from and to, but there are very few cheap flights around.

My suggestion would be to have a look for a cheap holiday, from someone like Goldtrail or Holidays4U, via your chosen airport and don't use the accomodation.
On some sites its cheaper to book a whole holiday than flight only :shock:
I priced St Nicolas gardens in Hisaronu, family of 5 from newcastle= £1468 without transfers, 17th or 21st july 08 (can`t remember) for 2wks.
The same flight alone is coming up £1550 :scratch:
both with h4u.
Flights are expensive for May, they seem to be going up by the day!

I booked mine before Christmas (a week in May, Bristol - Dalaman) and got them for less than £200 each, price has now gone up to £250 so I'm glad I booked when I did. That was with flythomascook.com.
Some friends who wanted to travel out on the same flight but stay for a fortnight faced playing nearly £300 each just for the flight - in the end they opted to stay for 19 nights at a cost of £170 each. Ridiculous how they work their prices out, how can it be cheaper to stay for 19 nights than 14 nights?

The problem seems to be that Thomas Cook now seem to "own" several of the other major tour operators, so there is now less choice and it's all more expensive - especially travelling out of the smaller regional airports.

Lots of people who booked really early and got cheap flights have had their flights changed.

Mazz
Easyjet are now flying to Dalaman. Haven't looked last few days, so may well have gone up a lot by now, but there were some cheap ones, particularly travelling Wednesdays. Have a look here http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=111396
Presumably if demand is outstripping supply at the moment, the airlines will put some extra flights on soon.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.