Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
First-time-flyer,

Welcome onboard :tup
For a first time flyer, you seem to be well informed! Why would flying through Russia, Iraq, Pakistan or Syrian be a problem? There are hundreds of flights flying through this airspace weekly and uneventfully. I've flown through most of those areas personally and wouldn't have an issue if that was the route. The airlines take information about airspace safely seriously and only fly where it's deemed to be safe given current information. It's not something you need to be worrying about.

As for your other worries, transiting through France is as safe as transiting any other country / airport so isn't something that needs to be a part of your decision making. While Air France wouldn't be my airline of choice, they offer an average service for the money. Air China might not have the best reputation, but fly hundreds of flights daily and are regarded as safe. Transiting through Doha with Qatar isn't an issue. Qatar are a 5 star Skytraxs rated airline, were no2 in the airline of the year awards 2014 and have been near the top for consecutive years. I've flown over Iraq and Syria many times. If it wasn't a safe route, Cathay Pacific wouldn't be flying it daily.

I think you're reading too much in to all this. If you're serious about flying to Tokyo, just do it and don't worry about all the politics. If you're that worried about it all, fly westbound with an American carried so you avoid all your concerns, go somewhere closer to home or don't travel by air.

Darren
If you are really concerned- and don't mind the additional cost- you could route London to Los Angeles and then on to Tokyo.
Hi I fly Qatar Airways 10/12 Times a year they are very good if a bit expensive and a really top new airport now.
You should have no fear of flying Qatar or of the Stopover in the new Hamad Int Airport.
Why route via states? With the whole who ha flying to USA involves and endures doubt I would ever fly again! My routing to Tokyo next month is from Helsinki. JAL outbound and Finnair inbound.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.