Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Do you want to travel schedule or charter flights?
Do you know where you want to stay?

It used to be alot cheaper to do it yourself but the Charters have cottoned on to that now and are making their "flight only" prices not much different to buying a package deal.
Unless you can go at a weeks notice and get a "cheapie" off teletex or the internet there is not much difference.
Schedule flights are all sorts of prices - from about 400 quid if you don't mind a long stop over in the middle east or Mumbai, upto about 900 depending who you book with. We paid £530 return last season for a return flight in October and we met someone in Goa who had paid 800 for the same flight in March so you can never tell what you are going to be charged.
Ask at your local travel agent for a flight only price and then compare it with a package tour on the same dates. If you know where you want to stay do you know how much it will cost you? Do a Google search under Baga guest houses or hotels and you can find out the prices there.
Hi Graymond (I have mentioned in other posts what we have paid for next year) but for an example of diy against tour op;
We booked the hotel when we were last in Goa, so our room with breakfast/air cooler/fridge/tv/safe comes to £15 per day x 14 = £210 add the cost of the flights (booked with travelpack) @ £420pp total cost for 2 weeks is £1,050.
Booking the same hotel through Thomson would have come to £1,250 + the small print states extras for air cooler £5 per day,fridge £3 per day/ tv £3 per day/safe £3 per day. I know no one cares about the tv but add the other extras on and you will have another £150 or so on top of the £1,250 = £1,400. So in all we have saved around £350 going diy.
Don't think we will ever book tour op again unless (as others have mentioned) very good 'cheapies' come up
when we were in goa this year our daughter booked a flight only to come out to visit us for 2 weeks she booked with airtours and flew direct from man to dalaman in goa for £350 anita :D
hi John

Dalaman is in turkey, Dabolim in Goa. :wink:
If you need to book well in advance for work reasons, you'll pay £420 upwards. If you can go last minute, you can get some real bargains. We met a couple last year who had paid £200 each for the whole holiday!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.