Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Flights to Faro
15 Posts
Cant help you with any flight details. But if you are planning on flying in Faro, Albufeira is only a 30 minute drive away. If you dont mind the drive, Lisbon is a 2-3 hour drive and you may have a better choice of flights.
Where can you fly from? Jet2.com have 2006 flights to Faro on sale now.
BA have flights from Gatwick to Faro in August from around £150 per person return.

If you can fly from Stansted you could try Air Berlin which goes to Faro via Palma (just a change of plane) - I looked on their website but they are doing a little maintenance this evening so couldn't get any prices.

Pippa
The cost will vary a bit depending on which airport you fly from (you didn't mention your departure airport) and on what day of the week. Thursdays and the weekends are the most popular flight days to Faro and usually cost more as they get booked up pretty quickly. I can't comment about this year but when I flew to Faro from Bristol with Easyjet in late July 2004, I had booked the Thursday return flights the day they were released and they cost £137 each which wasn't a bad price but wasn't particularly a bargain either. I am going back to the Algarve next summer so will also be looking to book flights when Easyjet release them.
If you have the time and flexibility on dates, I would keep an eye on BA's website. I've flown with them to Faro 6 times in the last two year's and have always managed to get flights at around the £70 marker, only once paid £120 return.

Also have a look on the airmiles website, I've booked a return flight to Faro for £45 covering the Easter period next year and this is with BA, their own website at the time was double the price.

Good luck in your search. Scoya.
Just booked to Faro with JET2. BMI baby were far cheaper but only fly on a saturday from Eat Midlands( i needed sunday)The flights that are out with easyjey so far seem very expensive especially if you want to come back near the bank holiday weekend. BA are quite resonable but fly from london. Thomsons are not too bad from doncaster as well. I made amistake and tried waiting for easyjet etc and saw my flights rise by £40 in a week or so. Easyjey seem very expensive on returns
Sadsyndrome, I paid £83 return for Thursday flights next July from Bristol to Faro though they have now gone up since Tuesday when I booked.
Hi Sadsyndrome, we have booked to fly with EasyJet to Seville on 15th Dec returning 6th Jan 2006, and has cost us a total of £54 return (inclusive of taxes) for the 2 of us. Its a 2hr drive to Faro on a straight motorway. Providing you book early enough you can get some very good deals. Just keep looking on their website for next years flights. Hope this helps. DJW
thx for all your earlier comments/ help
it goes to show the early bird catches the worm :)
i waited (procrastination I think is the term) and waited and didn't book until March 30th

Admittdly I did get great flight times to Faro so will not need to hire a car after all, but the flights were £800 all bar a few pennies for 4 people.
Why oh way did I not book it earlier :oops:

What did evry1 else pay for August flights (decent times morning; out late afternoon home)? and from which airport and which airline? I've learnt for next year so may book really early this year
Hi sadsyndrome .. to prevent having any posts removed, please avoid use of phone text style abbreviations, as per our Rules of Posting.

Many thanks.
David :wave
what are you on about? Are you a wind up merchant?
No, I am not. Check out the Rules of Posting which you will see on the message page as you are typing your post. Some of our visually impaired members use screen readers, which do not recognise phone text abbreviations such as 'thx' and 'every1'.

David
Oh, I see.
The reason I was taken aback is that I have teenage kids who text in their certain language. I don't profess to know that language and as you see from my posts I don't use it. Sometimes I do a kind of shorthand but that is standard practise in emails, you picked 2 words that I did in shorthand style.
One of those would be ok in a screen reader the other probably wouldn't, so for that I apologise. I guess you should check everyone's spelling as well if that is your reason :?

I've just got a fine for wearing no seatbelt so am not in the mood for jobsworths at the moment (I apologise for that too)
We don't check everyone's spelling and some mistakes will understandably crop up, that is unavoidable. But phone text is avoidable and we can make life slightly easier for visually impaired members by disallowing it in the forums.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.