Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
:thanks but they don't have flights out on the dates I want
depending on where you are staying it might mean a flight to Pafos or Larnaca and a taxi over

wizard
Cyprus Turkish Airlines are one of the major flight companies to northern Cyprus but they only take phone bookings - no online booking. Their flights go from Stansted on Sundays.
If you go on advised site as above and go for flight information there are flights from Stanstead Sun,Wed,Thur,Fri
From Manchester. Sat
From Heathrow Sat. Mon. Cheers Tonyt
I had already looked on there, and there aren't flights from Heathrow on the dates I want - weekend March 25/26.
Stanstead is hell to get to from our house, and would be a last resort. I'd rather find a holiday somewhere else :lol:
CTA have online booking, but again not the dates I want.

I didn't think you could cross the border Wizard?

Not to worry, we'll probably just end up taking anything the travel agent has 8)
since Cyprus joined the EEC providing you hold an EEC passport you cannot be stopped. in the eyes of the EEC the whole of Cyprus joined although due to technical difficulties not empowered in the north.. some of the Main tour operators NOW offer northern Cyprus with flights via the south. [technically speaking timbol/ercan is closed to international flights and not covered by the acquits of international flights and is only classed as an internal flight from turky to be strictly legal any aircraft must touch down (not necessarily land) on turkish soil first.
Hi i am Turkish Cypriot and fly over to Northern Cyprus about 3 - 4 times a year ,

remember when flying over to northern cyprus there are no direct flights, you will fly over to Turkey first and then onto Ercan airport .

Try Prisident Holidays for package deals to Northern Cyprus , but most travel agents do northern cyprus now.

If you require any other info or advice/help please do not hesitate to contact me .
Dee,

Fly to Larnaca then get a taxi, it's easy.....and cheap. And it's better than stopping in Istanbul.

Jim
Yes but you are forgetting I am a Turkish Cypriot and most of my family can not travel across the boarder to pick me up from south Cyprus, although a lot of turkish cyprus now do actually do this but it is easyier for my grandparents to drive only 20 mins then nearly an hour, besides all of us Turkish Cypriots have been doing this since 1974! after the war so we know no different really. But i will try flying to the south side maybe next year, I went over to the see my dads village on the south side last year, it has just been left like a ghost town since the war, my dad was in tears after 24 years of leaving his village and finally getting to go back was a dream come true for him! Its a big step forward for cyprus with the boarder opening. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.