Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Flights To Varna
32 Posts
where do you usually fly from june Balkan are doing flights to varna from Manchester x
We use Newcastle we are between Edinburgh and Newcastle We live in the Scottish Borders so they are the nearest ones to us
thanks topofthetower im gutted as been going to g/s since 1994 and we have made quite a few friends :que
we are the same june but we go to sunny beach we have made lots of friends but having a change this year we have been going since 2001 love it xx
June, they are flying Glasgow to Burgas with no extra for transfers.
For information to other readers, Balkan Holidays are using their own fleet of planes from Gatwick this year, they will not be using national carriers "Bulgaria Air" who have pulled out of the Gatwick to Varna route. Tonyt
June, have you thought of going on line and book, on a fortnights holiday for two costing £800 you could save almost £40 on on line discount. Tonyt
Hi Tonyt been on line cant get anything for Varna everything comes back Bourgas ,which is to far.Also the Balkans flight for Bourgas is a double touch down at East Midlands which adds another hour on as this is what they have been doing the past few years..Newcastle /Edinburgh is only an hours drive from where we stay to either one of them I will keep on looking see if i can get anything
June, I may have not put my second message to clearly, if you go from Glasgow to Bourgas and do it on line, this will give you the saving. I went with wizz air from Luton to Bourgas a couple of years back, I had a private taxi to Albena cost us £45 each way, was in hotel in 90 mins including a toilet stop, people on coaches turned up 4 hours later, they had been dropping off all the way up, can give you a taxi number if you require, very good, well used by members of bulgarian forums, speaks English and drives as one should. Tonyt
Hi Tonyt Glasgow is to far away it is over 2 hour drive to the airport thats why we only use Newcastle or Edinburgh which is still just over an hours .Its the long drive thats putting me of as my health is not great .We do book on line as you get the discount Thank You for all your help June
June wish you every success in finding something. have noted there is only one flight instead of two from Manchester. will keep my eyes peeled for you . Tonyt.
Thanks Tonyt for all your help JUNE
June, if its any comfort to you, Balkan have pulled their early season flights from Gatwick to Varna due to lack of bookings, self have been transferred to 5th June flight to Bourgas, with free transfers to Albena, the transfers I have refused as will use my private taxi as before. Not good news for Albena and Golden Sands. will keep you updated.
Thanks Tonyt i phoned one of my friends to see if they knew what was going on they had no idea about all the cancelled flights to Varna .Glad we did not book in January now with all these changes .Thanks for all the info June
Looking at web and airport sites, looks like no flights till mid/late July (School holidays) will keep a watch for you
Beyond angry at Balkan holidays. Last week they cancelled flight to Bourgas from Edinburgh which we booked as they cancelled Varna flight. They offered a transfer to Glasgow but would not pay for transport or a hotel and the flight was early in the morning They offered to cancel flight and re book us on Gatwick to Varna. We agreed and re booked and then also paid for flights from Edinburgh to London. Today they cancelled the Gatwick flight. So hundreds of pound out of pocket. They are totally unrepentant and could not care less. I will never use that lot again. As has been said they also cancelled Newcastle flights. Utterly dreadful company I say boycott them :(
the flights are getting to be a pain, only balkan now fly into varna, great new terminal though, have you thought of flying into sofia and then flying to varna
Have used Balkans every time we went to G/S the only trouble has been the last 3 years with the double touch down at east midlands and you have to go through all the same checks again which you did at Varna But to change the flights to Bourgas is just a no no for us Its to much.
TINKATINKA, 5/6 years ago B.A. did three trips a week to Varna from Gatwick, many people deserted them when Wizz started from Luton, so B.A gave up. Balkan Holidays have been running from Gatwick to my knowledge for past 17 years, they too gave up and had a percentage of seats on the national carrier, which I have used over past 4 years, but planes never full, so National carrier (Bulgaria Air) pulled the plug on this route this year and Balkan have come back. I have never had any serious qualms with Balkan Holidays after 30 trips (my 31st this year) At least they do give you enough warning, so you may try and make other arrangements. Why did you decide on the trip to Gatwick, when there is a flight from Manchester on a Friday which is the same day as Gatwick flights. all of a sudden with the price of Wizzair being no longer cheap everybody wants to return to the ships they have help to sink. I am told by reliable sources in Bulgaria, that there are now numerous properties for sale at the Golf Courses to the North Of Albena, also lettings for the summer season (private) even in the Summer Season are down, as it is now costing £1200 for four just for the flights. hope this is not too blunt, but it is fact. just to show you how things are in Bulgaria at the moment, the plane that is going to do the Varna to Gatwick run, will start from Bourgas (empty) and when it returns to Varna, it will continue to Bourgas empty. Tonyt
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.