America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
I would consider June as the best month in your period with September a close second. June has long days and good weather. September weather a little unpredictable and you are right in the middle of the hurricane season.
Attraction tickets are usually best bought before leaving the UK; no discount on prices when you buy at the gate though some attractions offer a second day free.
For theme park ticket info please see THIS thread.

Pippy :)
Any reccomendations for a family of 5 on a budget?

Thanks again
We are struggling to decide which region would suit us best as we usually stay at the livliest.
Which area is best for nightlife?

Thanks
New thread merged with existing thread to keep all the advice in one place for you.

Pippy :)
With respect, if you are looking for great nightlife then a trip to Orlando is probably not for you. Ask most people who travel to Florida and most will say that come the end of a long and tiring theme park day, all they can be bothered to do is head out for a quick meal and then crash, ready to crack on with another park the next day.

It's not quite a military operation, but it can be.

Downtown Orlando has a nightlife scene but that is away from the tourist areas. In reality you have two options for nightlife. If you stay on I Drive, Universal Citywalk has clubs/bars and restaurants. If staying nearer to WDW (Kissimee for example), then Downtown Disney has the equivalent. Both are good nights out.

As for time of year. May would be a good bet, June also but it can be very stormy. Count out July, August and early September. October and November are also good as the weather is more consistent.

Hope this helps.
Bear in mind that while June may be better weather than September, the theme parks will be crowded in June and comparatively empty in September. The American schools break up at the end of May and go back in August. So you should take that into consideration, I feel.
I would agree with the last poster - I would choose September over June anytime - although September is the hurricane season - June is the start of the hurricane season and much more likely to have more rain and is busy much, much busier.

September is great for the parks, one of the best times of the year, the weather is generally still great with the odd shower but generally not as humid as June, flights are normally cheaper in September along with cheaper accommodation. See link for weather guide: http://weather.yahoo.com/climo/USFL0372_f.html

Both City Walk in Universal (International Drive) and Downtown Disney (kissimmee) are good nights out. City Walk is more for older teens because of the clubs but both have great restaurants and entertainment. A villa is a good option after the parks, if you get one with a pool/spa, bbq, games room. Most of the villas are in the Davenport / Kissimmee area, closer to Disney and they are close to a range of restaurants.

:sun2
I want to book a private villa but i dont drive, has anyone done this? is there a company that does transfers from sanford airport?
Im under the impression that i would need a car with a villa being far out... i hope i am wrong!

Lloyd
you would need a car to stay in a villa , i think your best bet to be central to restuarants and shops is international drive..we dont drive either and we found it ideal ..if you plan on visiting disney parks look for a hotel that does the shuttle to them as it will save you a fair bit of cash.
Whist it would not be a problem to arrange a transfer from the airport, I cannot imagine how you could possibly stay in a villa without a car, I'm afraid. I suppose you would have to call a taxi every time you left the house to take you wherever.
forgot to add we used to http://www.transportation2disney.com for return transfers 2 years ago and they turned up on time for both journeys ...cost us $160 return and that can be upto 10 people travelling
I agree, you really need a car to stay in a villa other wise you would end up spending lots of money on taxi's.

The hotels in universal are lovely - although pricey but are within walking distance of universal studios, islands of adventures, city walk with restaurants and shops.

The taxi companies Mears and Florida Town Cars are pretty good firms to use. Florida Town Cars do a good meet and greet service from airports.
Does anyone know of any websites i can use for a cheap deal next year? i am impressed with http://www.florida4less but im not 100% if there are more hidden charges & dont know if the prices include transfers.
Ive had a quote of £3260 for 5 adults & 1 child in september even tho 3 of the adults are 16 16 & 14 is this good?

Lloyd
if you can let us know what airport and roughly what days then we can let you know if see any deals
We aim to fly out on the 24th sept 09 from manchester, birmingham preferably but they seem to be more popular & cheaper from manchester but this isnt a problem as long as its cheap enough.

How does the free shuttle bus operate? do you just get on as its free or do you have to show a theme park pass?

Thanks again

Lloyd
when we went 2 yrs ago we stayed at the comfort inn universal,which provides shuttles to main theme parks. the disney shuttle ran 3 times in the morning and also had 3 returns in the evening, for that all we had to do was stand at the pick up point outside hotel and wait ,bus driver only asked room number and how many passengers . For universal and seaworld parks we had to go to desk in reception that sold tickets( you dont have to buy tickets from them) and ask for passes for bus..was a bit daunting the first time but after that it was a breeze.
did the quote you get include hotel or was it flight only?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.