America - Florida Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Florida.
We have regularly spent November in Florida staying just north of Tampa. The weather is generally very good with little humidity and rain. However, there is always a cold spell, sometimes a couple of days but can last over a week where daytime temperatures drop to the low to mid 60's and early morning frost is not unusual. The further south you go in Florida the better the weather and in the Naples area you should get temperatures in the 70's for the whole month.
We visit Florida once or twice a year and sadly the coldest weather we've ever had was November. We got really unlucky, we arrived and it was 82f, then for the next 10 days it didnt break 57f with a frost every morning. We had to spend a fortune on winter clothes for us and the kids.

We avoid late October onwards till Feb, the risk of cold weather is too great. May is our favourite month, however the wife and I are going to try September this year (Sans Children). We've been told the parks are very quiet and the weather at the end of the month is generally good.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.