Disabled Person Holiday Discussions

Are you disabled or know someone who is? What are your experiences of hotels and resorts as a disabled person?
Not as far as I'm aware...you check in with your luggage I think. Just taken son to airport this morning and double buggy had to be checked in with their bags..initially they'd said to take with them and hand in when boarding but security/passports sent them back saying a single buggy would be ok..but the double one wouldn't go through the scanner so had to go in same time/place as luggage.
:( Oh damn, I was hoping I'd be able to avoid the big checked baggage queue given that I've no other items to check. Thanks for the reply :)
I'm not sure that my walker thing would go through a scanner but it might, maybe it'd be worth trying going straight to security just in case :)
;) if it folds down it might ..as they said a single buggy would go through.
It sort of folds down ... well it squeezes together is probably more accurate. I suppose could always do the sensible thing and ring Ryanair...
;) be on hold for 20minutes are premium rate....they did that too! :rofl - if it will go through the scanner with your coat etc etc I can't see a problem.
I know the kind of walker you mean and yes it will go through the scanner. You should be able to keepit until you board the plane.
:) just for info I did ring Ryanair (and got through immediately much to my surprise, to a real live person!) and I need to get a label for it from the baggage check in place, then I can take it right through with me to the bottom of the plane steps :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.