All Inclusive Holidays

Discussions relating to all inclusive style holidays
AI for Tunisia?
30 Posts
I'm sure you are correct Nick but no-one can explain why people are posting reviews for the Caribbean when we have the other hotel listed as well? I don't want to go moving new reviews when people are posting under Caribbean.

Glynis I explained this earlier, you will note that the Caribbean Abou Sofiane is listed well before the listing for Occidental Abou Sofiane most posters will scroll down and pick the first one they come across thus perpetuating the error.

I will try and give you a simple hopefully foolproof way to check the facts:

1, Check on the Occidental website the owners presumably know what the hotel is called.

2, Check the up to date tour operators sites and brochures, they presumably know where they are sending people.

3, With regards to info on the net you say you have altered hotel names in the past if you can think of one do a web search on its previous name and I am sure you will bring up lots of links.

The truth is out there :)

nick :smokin
Nick I am not disputing your facts. I always check websites to verify the authenticity of a hotel but why would someone who stayed in Occidental Abou Sofiane decide to post in Caribbean Abou Sofiane just because they saw it first in the hotel list? Underneath the above we have listed the http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/tunisia/port-el-kantaoui/riviera-hotel/

Maybe those 3 are the same?

I don't know and I am not being awkward here -believe me I just want to know which hotel is which. Are all 3 the same? Are 2 the same? Are all 3 different? Having never been to Tunisia I don't honestly know.
Glynis the link you have posted is for the Occidental Rivera which is the sister hotel to the Abou Sofiane again as far as I am aware it does not have Caribbean in its title anymore. The hotels are adjacent to each other and guest can share some facilities. The Rivera is a bit more expensive and their guests have more priveleges as of the time of our vist for further details see my website below 8)

You will also note in this link:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/tunisia/port-el-kantaoui/abou-sofiane-hotel/. if yo scroll down my review is the first listed (the date on the review is wrong as we stayed there March 03.) you will also note that I raised the issue of the name in that review.
I can only assume that was the only listing at that time.

The correct listinghttp://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/
This presmably has been added at some later date I asked earlier if you were able to confirm this :?: :?: Have you also checked elsewhere as suggested :?: :?:

My only interest in this matter is in providing correct information to queries and I had assumed HT would wish to do the same.

nick :smokin
I had assumed HT would wish to do the same.

You assumed right hence me trying my best to sort this out. I might try emailing someone who has posted recently under the Caribbean listing and ask why they did so.
hi debs p
i would try travel counsellors 08450587081. we went to egypt in june with these, it cost £1000 for 4 for a week 5* hotel AI. give them a ring with where you want to go and when and ask for a few hotel names and check them on this sight and phone them back with the one you fancy, that`s what we done and they wern`t pushy. we have just come back on sunday from tunisia, sahara beach, skanes, it`s a dump so don`t go there. give TC a call you don`t have to phone back if you don`t want but i think they will find something
good luck
sharon
thanks sharon. have actually booked with thomson now, only paid £100 more, staying in YH iberostar belisaire 4*. not having dealt with lowcost before a bit unsure, plus hotel they were offering was with german tour operators , but will use your suggestion again. Thanks. Debs
Abou Suffaine is the name of the owner of the Occidental Allegro.
Which is where the wife and I stayed.
To my knowledge it is the only hotel with "Abou Suffaine" in the name.
When I was looking where to post my review, there was no Occidental Allegro only a Carribbean Village ergo I assumed a recent name change.
The review I posted was for the Occidental Allegro PEK offered by First Choice.
Sorry for any confusion.

Relating to this thread
The £1152 my wife and I spent was the best value for money on ANY holiday over the last 30 years.
Took £1000 spending money came home with £700
There was enough going on in the hotel and sister hotel to keep us amused for the fortnight.
Not sue I would recommend PEK to my son (24) as there was very little quality night life outside the hotel.

Hope this helps.

Karl
Thanks Karl. I've now altered the name of the hotel, hopefully all is now well in the Tunisia reviews. :D
try iberostar phenicia or infact any ibersotar hotel AI....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.