All Inclusive Holidays

Discussions relating to all inclusive style holidays
AI for Tunisia?
30 Posts
How long are you hoping to go for?
What date in October?

I've just had a look at ECLIPSE prices and they've got A/I holidays to Tunisia for under £900 from Bristol for seven nights.

Click on the 'leaving soon' link :wink:

Pippy :D
two weeks, 1st october . Have seen really good deal depending on what hotel and area we want to stay, around £800 from lowcost beds but really need some more reviews from people that have dealt with this company.
Can recommend the Occidental Allegro Abou Sofiane in Port El Kantaoui
We stayed there a couple of years ago the reviews tend to be mainly good although on here its listed as The Caribbean Village Abou Sofiane :? .
Only complaint we had was the alcohol seemed a bit on the weak side :(
Thomas Cook are doing it for about £360 pp mid October.
There is some further info and photos on my website below.

nick :smokin
Hi Nick :wave

I've just had a look at the Tunisia reviews and was going to ask admin to correct the name, but did a quick Google and there is a CARIBBEAN VILLAGE in Port El Kantaoui :wink:

Reviews for Caribbean Village HERE, and for the Occidental Allegro HERE.
Occidental website HERE.

Pippy :D
Thanks for the reply Pippy this issue was discussed some time ago:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=8881

Its all the same place it was probably known as the Caribbean Village in a former life but def The Occidental Allegro Abou Sofiane now.
Thanks Nick :wink:

I'll let admin know then :D
Hi Nick what I can't understand is that we have both names for the hotel listed yet we are getting recent reviews being posted to the Caribbean Village name as opposed to the Occidental name?

Details of both hotels match but I am confused as to why, when we have both names people choose to post under the Caribbean hotel :shrug
Hi Glynis

I think you will find this is an historical thing. I raised the issue after I posted a review in 2004 At that time the Abou Sofiane or to be more precise The Occidental Allegro Abou Sofiane was not listed. It was however listed under what I understand was its previous name The Caribbean Village Abou Sofiane..
My comments were ignored at the time :shock: but I am assuming that the Occidental Alegro Abou Sofiane Hotel listing that now also appears was presumably listed at some time between then and now (perhaps you can confirm the date it was added)
I would imagine the reason that people post in both is the fact that the Caribbean Village listing is the first one you come accross.
I am sure that many hotels change names over the years I would assume you have some method of coping with this perhaps locking the old and listing the new :?
As far as I am aware the information I have given is correct (The owners Occidental also seem to have the same opinion :) )
Its just wether you wish your information to be up to date.
I can recomend the hotel if you need to visit to verify :)

Nick :smokin
P. S. The same information applies to the sister hotel the RIVIERA which is part of the same complex
So in your opinion should the Caribbean be changed to the Occidental? I still wonder though if the hotel is called the Occidental etc how come people know it as the Caribbean?
I think it is only in here that it is known as Caribbean :? . I have not found any mention of Caribbean in any current holiday brochures etc. But if any one knows different I would appreciate enlightening :)

For anybody a bit confused this is what it said on the sign outside in March 04 :)

<a href=[img]http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/6417/occidentalae8.jpg" src="[img]http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/6417/occidentalae8.jpg" />[/img]

I still don't know what to do about this. Had the names been similar I could understand it but both names of hotels are on our review site yet people are posting under the Caribbean one.
As far as I am aware info posted on the net stays there indefinitely unless deleted by the poster. The crux of this matter would be when did Occidental take over and presumably change the name :?:
Surely this cannot be the only hotel that has changed its name while HT has been in existence and as I asked earlier presumably you do have a procedure to cover such cases :?
Its just that if HT is providing information it should be as up to date as pos.
The information I have given is correct as far as I am aware 8) The only thing I donut know is what does the Arabic writing on the photo say :?:
(Hopefully not " Welcome to the Caribbean Village" :D )
In the new Eclipse brochure the hotel is still listed as Occidental Allegro Abou Sofiane and Riviera resorts. On just returning from Morocco and staying at the Occidental Caribbean Village Agador there, we picked up a paper table mat and on it it tells you all the resorts belonging to the Occidental group around the world. On It is the same hotel in Tunisia and is also called Allegro Resort Caribbean Village Tunisie. :hmmm Just to confuse you all. But it is exactly the same hotel. The one we stayed in in Morocco has slighty changed its name aswell and people still call it the Occidental Allegro Caribbean Village Agador and on the signs in and around the hotel it is still named as that. :?
Thanks Deb. Sooooo confusing.

Nick wrote:-

Surely this cannot be the only hotel that has changed its name while HT has been in existence and as I asked earlier presumably you do have a procedure to cover such cases

When we have concrete proof that a hotel has changed it's name we change the name on the review site also and put So and So hotel formerly Blah Blah hotel.
THere looked to be a lot of concrete in that sign that I posted Glynis :)

I'm sure you are correct Nick but no-one can explain why people are posting reviews for the Caribbean when we have the other hotel listed as well? I don't want to go moving new reviews when people are posting under Caribbean.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.