General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Fiona wrote:
Please note Kiltman that I was absolutely not criticising you. I know you are a very active mod. You are allowed a life outside ht :D . Might it not be an idea for any of the team to vet newbie posts for all forums rather than just their own? That would surely take pressure off. I just worry that long delays before newbies see their posts will be offputting and a bit confusing for the flow of the thread.

All of the mods can approve any of the new posts Fiona. :tup Both Luci and were recently away on holiday at similar times however.
We both, funnily enough, were in Benidorm Fiona :cheers
I'm with you all the way SMa. I don't expect everybody who may have found my comments or advice helpful to thank me, but would appreciate it if the person who originally asked the question to which I responded to at least acknowledge it.

I've just noticed that Del is curious as to my name. It actually means "Hello" in Tunisian Arabic and I use it on a couple of forums, which obviously leads to some people greeting me with "Aslemma Aslemma". :lol:
It is actually a nice sounding "real" name, one which if I were still having babies (or more realistically, if my wife was) one which I would consider using.
:offtop I know but my godson's daughter is called Inshallah (his wife is Moslem) which as you will know Aslemma means 'God willing' and which can also cause a bit of confusion depending on the context of the conversation!

SM
Still :offtop but I must add a little rider. Some years ago I actually 'googled' Aslemma and was shocked to find that there were lots of links to my musings on HT and other forums. For some reason I had another look yesterday and now rather wish I hadn't. As well as more of the above there is a lady using the same name who is looking for a relationship. She is also a 'mature' lady with fair hair and blue eyes and living in Essex, but I do assure you that it certainly isn't me. :roll:

Inshallah is indeed pretty as a name but you have to be careful when you use 'words' as names. Wallah, which I suppose you could use for a boy, means something like "I swear" and is usually said by Tunisians when they are lying through their teeth, :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.