Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Which trip are you going on the beginning of December Lilliane as I think we may be going on the same one. We went on the Balmoral to the Christmas Markets at the same time last year and needed warm clothes on the tours. I think you'll need all three as it's very warm on the ship and cold outside. Some people wear evening dress but as long as it's smart dress that's okay. The sea was very rough last year and we had force 9 gales I hope it's calmer this year.
Hi Northants,
It is actually my sister and her husband going on the cruise.
I think it is just called the Iberian cruise?
I know it leaves from Southampton on 4th December.
Thank you for the tips on dress code, I will pass them on to my sister.
How did you cope with the force 9 gales :yikes ? That is the only thing holding me back from trying a cruise :(
I hope the seas stays calm for you all!
Lilliane
We only had gales on two days and were delayed but I didn't see anyone suffering we took seasickness tablets and were okay although there were bags all along the corridors just in case. We weren't allowed to go on deck as it was too windy and it was difficult walking down the corridors. That was my first cruise and I was worried but really enjoyed it hence we've booked again this year. I'm sure you'd enjoy it and the excursions are brilliant you should try it.
If anyone has been on the Fred Olsen Cruise to Lisbon, Portimao and La Coruna could they please recommend any excursions to these places. If possible we would like to take a shuttle bus from the ship but don't know if this is possible. We booked two expensive excursions last year in Denmark and Sweden then found out we could have got a shuttle bus so don't want to make the same mistake again. Many thanks.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.