General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
What a great idea, need to get my sons passport renewed so will be giving this a try. I hate photo booths as children never sit still and I never get a decent photo so might be more sucessful at home!! :tup
Didn't know about this service before. Just done mine and daughter's a few weeks ago - did them at home; me and daughter took one of each other, standing against a pale grey jacket hung on the back of a door and then took the memory card to Asda and printed them on proper photo paper for about 60p... the woman at the Post Office was really picky about them, said the background was too dark and the heads in the photos were just about the right size but too "far away" whatever that means... anyway, both new passports came back okay :smile:
Ok to tell you the truth I didn't attempt to do any because the first thing I thought of was at the end I'm going to have a message saying 'you're photo's are ready, please click here' and then I would be left facing a picture of a monkey! :D You know how Robby likes a laugh! :wave:
But it seems it is genuine afterall! haha I think I have 7 years left on mine so hopefully it'll still be around then!
:tup
But it seems it is genuine afterall!

Of cousre it's :swear 'ing genuine, you know me. ;)
Almost two weeks 'til April Fools Day. :D

I think I have 7 years left on mine so hopefully it'll still be around then!

This will still be around, hope you make it yourself. :rofl

Robby :wink:
my concern would be having my passport photos uploaded to some potentially hackable server !...
you already give your photo to the civil service - how more insecure could it be??? It's just a matter of time before it's found on a train or an old laptop somewhere!!
To be honest I bet our photos are on many servers along with our addresses, shoe size, eye colour etc but I know what you mean!

Robby, there's no :swear need for the :swear swearing mate!
I don't need to update mine for a few years yet, but good website ;)
That looks a useful website. I normally do my own and friends and family passport photo's since I have the equipment to do it at home. I wouldn't worry about submitting my photo to that service for free prints as long as personal data wasn't attached to it. I normally use a white wall or projection screen as a background and use bounce flash to avoid shaddows behind the subject. Only takes 2 minutes and never had a problem yet. That website looks just as straight forward.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.