Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Was wondering about this myself...could it end up affecting coach transfers etc? I'm not travelling until 24th June though, hopefully it wont still be going on then.

C
Fuel running low in Torrevieja some cases petrol stations running out but are getting some supplies in eventually. In some of the supermarkets no bread, meat, fish and eggs and milk had to goto 2 different supermarkets this morning to get what i need. It is meant to be a indefinate strike the truckers have said they would bring Spain to its knees the way it is going it will be soon. Also farmers are having to destroy fruit and veg and tip milk away as they cannot get it delivered. A trucker was burnt to death in his cab and other vans set on fire. This is not good have also heard that taxi drivers here are going to start protests. Hope it is sorted soon.
Have just come back from a week in Cumbre de Sol - between Calpe and Javea. Some stations have fuel and others do not. We were a little concerned as we had to drive back to the airport in Valencia and Javea only had diesel but got unleaded in Benitachell.

Pippa
Hearing tales here that there are lots of food and other shortages in Spain at the moment,As I'm going to alicante for 5 days on saturday can anyone give some information on this.Is it that bad?
I believe that the truckers' indefinite strike which caused these fuel and food shortages was temporarily suspended on Monday, hopefully allowing supplies to start to return to normal.

David :wave
Everything back to normal here now thankfully. The strike is not really quite over but the government has told the strikers that they will not allow deliveries to be stopped. I think there is now only about 18% of truckers on strike.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.