Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Full board
9 Posts
Hi Rosiepeardrops, in my experience most hotels offer the option of a "picnic" if you choose not to have lunch although you usually have to book one with reception by 8pm the previous evening. Incidentally, where are you staying next time you go to Benidorm.

Sue :)
Hi Sue, we normally stay at pelicanos but having a change this year at levante club

Rosie
Yes, as has been said, most Hotels will provide a picnic lunch for you provided you have ordered it by a certain time the previous evening. Usually 8pm.
You then collect it at breakfast the following morning. You tend to get a pre-packed sandwich, a yogurt, a piece of fruit, a small packet of two biscuits and a small bottle of water or a small carton of fruit juice. They put it all in a small cardboard box with a carry handle.

This may of course vary from Hotel to Hotel.
Have to laugh at hubby, normally stay at pelicanos and used to end up at the picadilly bar for a last drink, after trying various bars only a few yards to stagger home then, the takeaway or eat in place next door which does a roaring trade of mostly cooked chickens pitzas etc can't think of the name of it, saw loats of spanish pulling up at night for a takeaway, all he keeps saying is the first night i am having the chicken and chips, don't care about the evening meal at the hotel, we arrive roughly about 8.30 at night, 8 weeks to go and he keeps saying it about twice a week lol
Thanks, i would have not even asked, but hubby mentioned tonight that they might do that for us,

Thanks Rosie
same as me rosie , i just call that takeaway `the 24 hour chickenshop` next tae the picadilly , i`m off to the palm beach today , so should be wireing intae chicken and chips from 11pm tonight .
its called marianos ,you cant beat it after a skinfull of cheap booze :lol:
We always stop there to once when we were self catering we had it about 6 times in the 2 weeks but it never tastes as good when you are sober as it does when you are drunk. :glynis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.