Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Should be ok I have to say fun royale is one place where I could find a sunbed anytime of the day despite others having staked their spot before going back to bed!
Have a wonderful time you have no worries it is fantastic.
thank you, I am really excited... fella's a bit worried bout the peacocks as he loves pizza but peacocks freak him out - lol!! (that should be fun)

What was the weather like... I'm hoping it's typical caribbean weather... lots of rain in short period of time and the rest sunny/ partly cloudy... I have to say when I was in Jamaica i never saw so much cloud but I came back with the best of sun tan/burn lol :oops:
I was only there a few weeks ago and it is typical carribean weather the peacocks are ok i myself am a bit phobic of birds.If your oh is like this with all birds sometimes little black ones fly into main restraunt but i found if we sat well in none ever came near us.So sit nearer the wall than the open windows by the walkway.
Do you go on debbies dominican that is a good site one of the regulars has lots of pics of the hotel in the main site they dont do it justice.
For anyone who hasn't seen them we have reviews HERE.

You'll find the photos Jo mentions HERE.

Pippy :D
hi all has anyone got an info on this hotel, id be gratefulmfor anything. thanks pam xxx
I stayed here last year in August was it anything specific you needed to know.
I posted my reveiw here so you could read that I am sure i covered most of it.
This time we are going to the holiday village -the price was very good but if I wasnt going there it would be the fun tropicale we loved every minute.

My reveiw is posted under jo dave matt and becca there are some other good reveiws too.
We stayed at the fun tropicale December, although there was mixed reviews we went open minded. We can honestly say this was our best holiday, and would go back tomorrow if we could.
Thanks Pippy - yes one day i will get the hang of the whole linking thing I promise !
That's ok! It's what I'm here for :wink:

Pippy :D
Went to the Hotel Fun Tropicale earlier this month.

We bought a CD from the hotel shop because we liked a couple of songs they played at night. We couldn't test the CD while we there and when we got home we found out it is a CD of meringue music.

The first song we wanted was the one the entertainment team came out to at night it starts off "Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh".

The other song we want was played alot around the pool and had the lyric "baby you remember, when we touch when we play".

If anyone has been to the hotel and understands what songs I'm on about and you have any ides what they are called please let me know.
Fossman,

We was at fun tropicale december gone, the 2nd song you are wanting is called, remember by the underdog project, not sure what the first is unless you have a bit more info.
Hope this helps
Hi again, trying to think back and i'm not sure but i think that the 1st song may be the beginning of the 2nd song, when we was there that is what they started the evening entertainment off with.
We too bought the cd, and the songs were on there with merengue also, but we bought it mainly for the club songs at the end, which we don't know the names of.
The other song we are after was played when the male entertainers came out for the "Ice Breaker" they never actually played the whole song just one bit of it.

It went "Doh, Doh, Doh est ca Doh, Doh Doh" at which point the male entertainers all humped thin air.

Thanks for telling me the name of the other song!
Oh its gonna drive me mad too now.Another one we heard loads was Shakira hips dont lie.
Hi again,

Glad to help with the 2nd song. We have some of the shows including icebreakers on camcorder, so will have a scout through them and see what the song may be. Will let you know as soon as we find it or figure it out.
my husband and i stayed here about 3yrs ago. I know thats a while ago, but we really enjoyed everything there. Try to stay on the Royale side the rooms are much bigger and better. There is an adults pool by the buffet. Food was good, especially the carved pork. We WOULD definately return here, but are going to the North instead in a weeks time to Bavaro. IF you are adventurous try the quad bikes , the experience of local life is amazing. a guide takes you out.

Debs
Thinking of going to the Fun Tropicale & Fun Royale Beach Resorts in the Dominican Republic. Can anyone tell me if they have got rid of the problem of fleas in the beds.
Moved to Caribbean forum.

MarkJ HT Mod
All I can say is if I thought there was even a minute chance of fleas in the bed I wouldn't even be THINKING about going to this place
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.