Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
hi, we are going to gambia for the 1st time on 12/12 staying at Ocean View, Cape Point. I must admit to feeling a bit nervous now its nearly time to go. We dont have a very big budget and we are staying bed & breakfast. I know that it is usually expensive to eat & drink in the hotels
all the time and to be honest we prefer not to stay in the hotel but i am
concerned that we will get sooo mithered when we go and i cant seem to
find any information on where to eat in this area.
please can any one help!

Can't help you but we'll be there from the 13th so tips welcomed people.
HI IF your eating on a budget ,eating in tourist aeas is expensive ralative to other areas,I eat in local restaurants
nice restaurant at palma riva hotel, Dexters near the Balmoral apartments does a wide ranging british menu at good prices,all fresh cooked no fast food,surroundings basic but the welcome is excellent,COLIN and HEATHER are a nice couple (the owners).Dont be afraid of african food and cafes couple of good very basic local ones on Koloi highway, use yellow taxi to get there or MUZAH who is always near dexters,ask colin for MOOS as he calls him fare pay no more than 50 dalasi one way cheers maxie :D :D
always always haggle your fare down ,it will save you a lot
we had a car all day for 600 dalasi with driver
Oh and using local taxis (bush taxis )can be a positive experience fare 5 dalasi
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.