Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
hi the mobile phones work in gambia as long as you have the international roaming turned on from your network provider.
the weather is a constant 26--30 degrees all year with hardly any rain.
the people are fantastic although the beach boys can be persistent.
check out this site for info on the hotels you mentioned.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g293794-i9249-Gambia.html
We have reviews for both those hotels HERE

luci :wave
hi
gambia is great. my phone worked all the time we were out there.
we walked through the hotel you are talking about and was always busy and looked lovely!
i think your kids would love it too as the beaches are great and there are some nice little shops and things. plenty of day trips to do if you want to go out.
i loved every minute of it there and i'm sure you will too.
lou
Off to Gambia for first time in January staying in Kololi Beach, could anyone tell me if there are any payphones here or would I be better taking my mobile also is it expensive to ring home. Cheers, Lenny :que
if your phone is unlocked we found it cheaper to get an africell sim card and used that while we were ther the good thing is any credit left on it you can use it next time as it dont run out for years.
HI ,there are many many telephone shops from which to make international calls, my advise is to take a cheap unlocked uk phone and buy a 50 dalasi AFRICEL sim card (with 50 dalasi free credit) and use that to make international calls, the rate is very little around 5/6 dalasi a minute maybe a little more now. Using the telephone exchanges for landline calls in sennigambia and kotu/kololi is expensive ,In seven years no one has told me the minute charge only the unit cost,leaving you at their mercy.hope that helps ,maxie :tup :tup
hi, can anybody give me any good tips about gambia i am going in november for three weeks i am realy
looking forward to it. I am staying at the palm beach have you stayed there, is it clean & is the food okay? I do not exspect to much as i know it is a cheap hotel but i have read some bad reviews.thank you
Hi Peter x ,I would say just remember you are in a third world country chill, go with the flow, remember the clocks are iat GMT time in gambia , that( gambia maybe time) not greenwich, meridian I am off for a month in november to a guest house , I eat local food chat with locals and enjoy the beautiful beaches,chill cheers maxie :sun :smokin
Ask someone outside the hotel where you can go to phone England. They will take you, give some cash for the help, you will save a fortune anyway. Current charges are 10 delassi a minute.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.