Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Ganesh Shack
12 Posts
Thanks Spike I'm sure the Goa regulars will appreciate your updates :tup
Got a call off Ganesh this morning and the shack is being built, he says by Friday he should be not be far off opening.
He has problems again this year with the shack at the side of him (Sudahs) not playing fair, and again taking a lot of the land at the back of hers encroching his beach mat to his shack. For those that know his shack it ain't a problem, but newbies will again head to hers with it being the 1st at the end of the road, so anyone staying in Candolim at the Sunset Hotel or Whispering Palms who wish to try Ganesh shack, when you head down the beach via the road, look diagonally to your left and follow the beach mat (unless Sudah has trashed it again).
This is good news. Thanks for the update. :tup
Got an odd text off Ganesh (I wish he would let his sister Yeshi write his texts!) but from what I can make out the shack is built and he is opening tomorrow, can't wait for March to come round and get back 'home' again. :cheers
Not been around this site for a while, Spike, but pleased to hear Ganesh is up and running. Will be paying a visit in a week or so!
Cheers Roma, hope you have a great time :sun2 Seems to be a lot of shacks struggling for business this season, and things to worsen..
Yes - fewer Russians and cost of visas taking a toll but we'll do our best to put a few more £s in the economy. We'll be gone by March when you get there but have a great trip!
..........and what a lovely path it is too - en route to Ganesh.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/mmacbain/Goa%20Truths/_DSC0189.jpg

I don't care how good it is, I wouldn't walk through this **** to get to any shack!

There are lots of nicer places to be found.
Thanks for the pic.. wish you could have been bothered to take one of the filth that is at the back of Ganesh shack.. then again there isn't any as he looks after his place very well. The photo you have taken is of Sudah's shack who is disliked by ALL other shack owners. Sudah is well known for her nasty treatment towards Ganesh and his family, trying very hard to take all the business each season, by blocking the path to his shack either with tree branches, ropes, burning his mats and as you have shown dumping garbage.
Complaining to the authorities causes more harm to Ganesh than it's worth - so he doesn't.
If people see the garbage and decide heading that way is not for them, so be it.
He still has a very very good flow of regulars each season and still gets good figures with 'newbies' but could do a lot better.
Having visited Goa now for 17 years I still can't understand what those tourism ministers have between there ears, not much sense thats for sure, as there have been no improvements with cleanliness at the beaches at all.
How do I get to Ganesh shack from country inn and suites
Come out of your place and walk to the top of the main road, turn left and walk 10 yards, then cross over the road and take the road known as Whispering Palms road. Walk all the way down till you come to the beach and walk forward, look diagonally to your left and follow the mats to Ganesh shack.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.