Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Garden City Apartments?

Can't find a review on the hotel reviews page regarding these apartments, can anyone advise what the complex is like etc.

I have heard reports of the quiz in the bar every night? Does this still happen?

Let me know, anything and everything, so I know if to book for here!
Try looking under Club Olympus, that is the timeshare part of Garden City.
If you choose a nice apartment there then the location is good.
i live in garden city
great apts. great location.pool bar.and my bar is 110mts down the road!!!
you wont do a lot better in this area imo
We stayed here for two weeks in August

The first week in a timeshare (which we thought was a privately owned apartment (long story)........it was fine, but a slight disappointment if you've stayed in privately owned apartments and expecting the same standard. :roll: :roll: :roll: )

The second week in a private apartment...........if you book Id advise you go private, there is a big difference and you will get more for your money, your safe etc will come with the price of the rental, also a DVD player (usually), and just, generally be more homely than the timeshare.

If we were doing it again we'd make sure that both weeks were in a private apartment.............we were a bit disappointed the first week.

The complex is lovely, the pool area very nice and clean. The pool bar serves nice lunches at a good price! Theres entertainment on in the complex at night but as there is so much going on on your doorstep you dont have to worry.

Walk back from the beach is up a hill but its worth it! You can stop off at a bar half way up for a refreshing drink. :lol:
Sorry meant to say...........if you book a timeshare you will be called on several times by an (admittedly lovely) lady who is very anxious to sell you one (from Club Olympus).

If all you want is peace and quiet this can be a bit disconcerting.........she called at 9am one morning, a bit early for us as we were on holiday and dropped in at least three times to invite us to receptions/drinks/coffee etc.

Not a big hassle admittedly, but you wont get it if you are in one of the other apartments.
Hairyhamster

Whats you bar called?

I am over first week of Dec and will pop in for a couple of pints.

Staying at Tinerfe Gardens do you know much about the complex? I think its just down the road from Garden City.

Converse

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Please contact Hairyhampster by PM for the name of his bar.

allmen
Converse, I have stayed in those apartments a few years ago. They were very close to everything. A bit of a hill up into the apartments. The reception is down by the roadside......like a portakabin. We stayed in a two bedroom one and the bedrooms were up stairs
debbymark

Were they clean and tidy?

I have booked a Studio apartment.

Always a worry when you book on the net, couldn't find anything much about them.

It was as 'cheap as chips' though so i shouldn't expect too much i suppose.

Converse
Puuurrfect you can find reviews on here for he Garden City however they have been posted under Club Olympus.

The complex is very central and in nice surroundings a few minites from almost everything you need whilst you are away for a week or two. The pool bar is run by very pleasant English folk and the drinks are very reasonably priced.

As for the apartments, as previously mentioned they are part time share owned and part privately owned. I can speak for some of the private owners on the site who i know keep thier own apartments in a very nice condition and have almost all you need in them.

Take a look at the link below mine is an example of the privately owned apartments.

Tootsie sorry to hear you was dissapointed with your first week in your time share, send me a pm or e mail and tell me more about it.

Puuurfect if you choose this complex you wont go far wrong.

regards

Peter
Ahh yes, Spaniard, we looked at booking your apartment but it was not available on the dates we required so we booked with someone else who has a few apartments there.

It is privately owned - I hope!

I love San Eugino shopping centre, hence why I kinda wanted to head over to a hotel over that side of PDLA, and also I have stayed in both the old Ocean Beach (changed it's name now) and Laguna Park 1, so I know the area pretty well.

I'll have to PM you in the future Hamster to try and find out your bar so I can pop in lol
Puurrfect

Thank you for your consideration and yes it is privately owned.

Regards

Peter
we have booked 2 privately owned apartments for july 07 but there is no safe in them where is the best place to hire onr from?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.