Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
http://www.no1traveller.com/gatwick-airport-lounges-north.htm

Only at their north terminal location, not south. Not sure about other lounge offerings, such as servisair, maybe google them.
Thank you. I assume though that as that's a lounge it will be after check-in?
Hi Pippy , there were showers at the NT , because a colleague of my wife used to cycle in to work and used to shower , and that was before security , there doesn't seem to now be any specific mention of showers on Gatwicks website , I found what I believe to be old info , and there were in zone E at the NT , but all the zones have moved along with the new building works , I can't see the showers on the latest plans available on a PDF on http://www.gatwickairport.com You could always send a tweet from that website for further info .
The only other solution is using yotel in the south , but you have to book 4 hour slots which can cost £32 !! but they do have a monsoon rain shower in the " cabin" . I can't remember seeing any public shower facilities on my recent visits , so perhaps it's best to contact Gatwick to find out for sure , sorry I can't help with that .
Good Morning,

Thank you for your enquiry.

In the South Terminal there is a Shower facility before security which is situated opposite the Bee Hive Public House on the Departure’s level. You can obtain the key from the Airport Information Desk. There is a charge of £1.00 .

:) :)
Thanks for the info Pippy , I can see it now on the PDF map , opposite the Beehive , next to Apostrophe and Giraffe restaurants , strangely enough I have eaten at all 3 restaurants and never noticed the shower room , I remember the toilets being there , but the other facilities are " round the corner " I'm obviously too engrossed in my food and drink to notice !!!
For 2014, there is an offer of 7 days free airport parking at a possibility of 27 national airports to one customer every week.
Seems far off but the truth is it is right around the corner.
I will share the link with everyone if they wish but you must Private Message me as I don't want to violate terms of this site.
Hi, I want to know which parking place is the cheapest car parking in gatwick airports. Can you help me to make decision where to park my car ?
Hi, I want to know which parking place is the cheapest car parking in gatwick airports. Can you help me to make decision where to park my car ?

Really, I am surprised that you don't just use the company you are employed by - arunparking??? :no

Oh in case I forget to mention you are now BANNED for spamming :tup
Kiltman HT Mod wrote:

Really, I am surprised that you don't just use the company you are employed by - arunparking??? :no

Oh in case I forget to mention you are now BANNED for spamming :tup

Hi, Archie , the cheapest place I know is the North Terminal Long Stay ....... It costs me nothing ...£0.00 ....because my wife is an employee of GAL , ( Gatwick Airport Limited ) perhaps you should ask if your employer will let you park for free ??? :tup
anyone know if you can buy a carton of fresh milk airside from Gatwick south terminal ?
TFS1 wrote:
anyone know if you can buy a carton of fresh milk airside from Gatwick south terminal ?

Yes you can , pop into Boots they sell it there .
And obviously Simply Food Marks and Spencer sell it landside when you arrive back :D
Andy,

Many thanks. Unusually I have a late afternoon flight to Spain and getting some milk in the UK saves me having to rush to our local Mercadona before it closes.

On a different subject, for the first time I will be arriving at the airport by train from Kings Cross. Is the station/south terminal close to each other ? A map i have seen doesnt make it too clear.

Regards, Chris
The station is part of the terminal and as you come up in the lift or up the stairs etc from the platforms and leve the station exit you are right by the check-in halls in South Terminal. Couldn't be easier. :tup

SM
No problem Chris ,
You might find this link useful
http://www.gatwickairport.com/Documents/passengers/Passenger_facilities/Gatwick_South_v6.pdf

If you scroll down to page 4 to Departures , Check In level 2 , you will see the access from the train station , you enter the terminal near Zone J .
One of Gatwicks strong points is its rail access , perhaps a good reason to put a second runway there ? ;)

Have a good flight !!
I'd like to book one of the North terminal lounges (the ones available to all travellers) for next Tuesday morning, and am looking at the Aspire lounge. I know I'll be able to help myself to pastries etc, but does anyone know how comfortable the seats are and if the aircraft are visible from the lounge windows?

Cheers.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.