Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Don't panic. You are still allowed to smoke at Gatwick airport in designated areas. They are like little pods that are surrounded by extractor fans in the sides so no smoke escapes. The do tend to get packed with airport workers as well as passengers
Hi Jackie, I have seen these in the south terminal, but cannot remember seeing them in the north, although it is a while since we went from the north. You used to be able to smoke in The Red Lion pub, but I don't know anymore. Thanks for your help. Deb.
I think you can still smoke in the Red Lion. There is also a smoking area in the North Terminal litterly upstairs from Red Lion.

Also the pub along from Garfunkels upstairs (cant remember its name) has smoking section. From theat pub you can also view bits of the apron and aircraft.

Nivsy
Thank you nivsy, just what I wanted to hear. Cheers. Deb. :lol:
For anyone else who may be interested, I have just rung the Red Lion pub in the North terminal to ask what time they open in the morning & yes, they still have a smoking area in the pub. Deb.
Hi, my husband is picking me up from the South Terminal (someone else dropping me off) where is the best and easiest place for him to wait for me?

Thanks

Sally
are you taking a mobile phone? if so it would be best if he makes up off airport somewhere and you phone him one you have your suitcases to meet you at the pick up point .. from memory they only allow 5 mins

[this is what we do when our daughter picks us up}

wizard
does anyone know if gatwicks aviation bit is open yet?
kellz ... as an airport, Gatwick is full of aviation bits. Can you be more specific ?

David :wave
Can't recomend the Ibis highley enough. £55 for the room is fine and the bus link is excellent.
sorry the area where you can see the planes take off and land i think its called the aviation experience
sorry david you must think im a right nuisence lol
Salhal, as Wizard suggests if you can contact him by mobile then he could park up at the drive-in Mcdonalds and just go around the roundabout back into the main entrance and pick you up either at departures (the flyover bit) or at the coach and bus pick up area on the lower ground. I do this when i pick up friends and i pop in for drink from McDs while waiting, in fact most people in the car park are waiting for people! but be careful because some people have waited in the BP petrol station at LGW and been hit with parking fines because they have waited too long despite having filled up with petrol and slowly sipped a wild bean coffee :roll: If i've waited for more than 15 mins i just do a drive round to take up some time and this stops you from being told to move on or fined :wink:

Kellz, you mean the observation tower, this was closed a long time ago with all the security issues we now have to contend with and is unlikely to re-open. When you go on holiday, if you park up at Gatwick use the parking express (on-site) parking and just hang around for a few minutes in the car park and lo and behold a plane will go over your head and it will fairly close and loud, this is the nearest you will get, except for when you get on it to fly :)
hi andy thanks i might do that :D
Today's Sunday Times travel section is reporting that The Felbridge Hotel near Gatwick has been ordered to close its 800 space car-park because it does not have planning permission. The hotel offers (or did offer) hotel and parking packages. It has eight weeks to comply with the order.
Further to the above HERE is a news story about the car-park closure :
Can anyone recommend a reliable 'meet and greet' service for Gatwick.( think its south terminal) Our flight is with Easyjet so I wish to be there when check in opens at 4am :shock: even thought the flight doesn't go till 7am.

Does anyone know if meet and greets operate that early? Would be grateful to hear from anyone who has used one in recent months.

Thanks. Doe.
We always use Tudor Rose meet and greet. had no problem for out last chech in around 5am so you should have no problems - they are reasonably priced too.
Have you got a link or email cynical ?
Thanks if you have.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.