General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Gatwick airport
12 Posts
Hi John , very easily , you can get from south to north ( or vice versa ) by the transit train , it takes 2 mins max and has plenty of space onboard for luggage
john50,

There's also regular bus services between the terminals. Depending on the car park you've booked, their shuttle service will operate between the two so it shouldn't make any difference for you.

Darren
If your parking is OFF site with the likes of Airparks , APH or Cophall , they operate transfers every 20 mins ( transfer times 10/12 mins plus ) and go to both terminals , if you are parked ON site , official Long term or the short term , or summer special at the North ( transfer time 5 mins ) then the transit is the only way to get from North to South , or vv

Just as a general note , sometimes people get the wrong terminal for their flight ( not suggesting John has done this ) because for instance Easyjet use both terminals , but negotiations are underway for Easyjet to use the North Terminal only for all their flights . Should make it easier for them and their passengers .
Thanks everyone for you help, put my mind at rest and I am parking at official long stay, so will use shuttle.
Easy as pie...the little train thing was almost quite fun.
Hopefully it was fun , they spent 45 million on it in 2009/10 :)

You get some good views if you use it in daylight hours , the airport on one side , and beyond the A23 the Surrey countryside the other side .

A friend I work with actually gets dropped off at the South even if he's flying from the North just so he can go on the transit train !!!! It's fairly interesting but not that much ;)
The transit train as quite novel to me but than I'm sad like that! lol Did they really spend that much on it? Eek.
Sound like it will be more interesting than the flight :)
It was initially opened in 83 providing access to the circular pier , a second track was added in 87 when the North Terminal opened , it had done about 2.5 million miles when it was replaced with 6 new shuttle cars and refurb on the guideways and transit stations and new operating system which accounts for the 45 mill spent , the distance between stations is .75 miles.
Being rolled out this year following a trial initiative the doors will be kept open longer at busy times and during quiet periods at night , letting more people on ,
it will cut energy consumption and reduces wear and tear on the shuttle and it means 18000 fewer miles will be travelled on each shuttle track every year . :)

And I'm off to find my anorak :rofl
You can get from south to north ( or vice versa ) by the transit train very easily , it takes maximum 5 mins.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.