Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
its related to the theme of the main topic i feel..goan reaction to gay behaviour which became extended to public show of affection which became public show etc. i dont feel my last post was that far off topic.i mean if you look at the southern comort thread it quickly changes to praise of honeybee .
well apologies if iv annoyed anyone, wasnt meant, i just like the discussions on here and its easy to digress..most threads wander a little...oh well must go, bit of last minute packing to do..off in the morning..baga here i come ;)
Gay in Goa!?!?......well, I know lots of gay people that come here anually on holiday and don't have any problems. On the other hand *** and *** that used to run Eden had a lot of people against them, they ran a really good bar and employed lovely staff, the Goan gay community used to flock there on saturday evenings, as did the straight tourists and long stayers, unfortunately they were under a lot of pressure from the police, panchyat etc and after a few years had to move on. They moved on to Paradise Village but the atmosphere was never quite the same and sadly they gave it all up and returned home. Paradise is now run by a new couple called Jeff and Simon who seem to be doing OK. Occasionally I still spot the odd customer from the Eden days who travel up on weekends for a night out.
GFF xx
  • Edited by Fiona 2008-02-11 12:41:02
    names edited out to protect identity
We are a Gay couple, and been going to Goa for years. My boyfriend is very straight acting, but I am a bit more outrageous. The Indian Lads will have a laugh with you, but you shouldn't cross the line (that goes with anyone). Overall, I have never had any problems at all, may be a few jokes - but nothing wrong with that.
I would say to and Gay person, to come to Goa and enjoy the experience like any other person.
I'm a gay guy who's been to Goa over a dozen times. Although there are no bars Goa is a very popular place with gay guys. People are nice - no matter what. You can walk up the beach hand in hand without anyone batting an eyelid. It's a great place for gay couples to go. Was there in November and going back in March. I love it!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.