Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Hi- we loved Tossa but the connections to other places are quite poor. There is a Barcelona bus, and a bus to Loret, but that's about it, and no train station. Even to Gerona, you have to go to Loret first.
kate
edit- ps- have you thought about flying into Barcelona itself and staying somewhere like Sitges, just half an hour train ride towards Tarragona?
I've been to Tossa and it's fairly laid back with a lovely beach. Not boom boom nightclub type. However I think it's more difficult to get to Barcelona from there.

Blanes is possible on the train but I wasn't that keen on the resort to be honest. There's Calella you could look at also. I wouldn't recommend Lloret as a base. Have a look at maybe Santa Susanna all the above resorts apart from Tossa are on the mainline to Barcelona.
i personally would go for malgrat.
very flat, plenty of resaurants, nice beach, and on the main train route, and it does not tend to attract the young clubbers.
Malgrat looks & sounds ideal....will do a little more research Thanks :tup

I'm sure to be back for more info
Beach is indeed lovely in Malgrat. Easy to get round by train from the station. The resort runs into Santa Susanna and is a pleasant walk between the two. Just don't stay in the Reymar Playa hotel in Malgrat.

We did Barcelona from here, and I also went to Andorra for the day!
Thanks as ever Meerkat ;)

I'm looking at the Bella Playa & the Monteplaya Hotels at the the moment, just scouting around for the best prices.

Is the train journey approx 90 mins from Malgrat to Barcelona ?
both these hotels are ok as far as i can recall.
another 1 to look at is the royal sun, which is on the beach at the junction of malgrat and santa sussannah.
journey time is around 90 minutes and trains are every half hour and around €5 each and very good.
All booked up :tup

Staying at the Serhs Maripin Hotel on Half Board.....good price for June too ;)

Just trying to sort a transfer from Gerona airport now ?

Is there an online train timetable for Malgrat to Barcelona ?

Thanks for all the help
the maripins was always one of my favourite hotels in malgrat.
it is in an ideal position with a good pool and sea view.
trains for barcelona, and lots more info by following the links can be found here
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.