Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Girona is in Catalonia...about an hour from Barcelona (Northern Spain.)

To save me typing it.....HERE and HERE

It is spelt Gerona in Castilian Spanish and Girona in Catalan, which is the primary language spoken throughout the province, which figures as Girona is in the province of Catalonia. :wink:

Sanji x
You might also like to look HERE you can move the map around and zoom in and out. It will give you some idea of what seaside town there are near Girona.

Girona is approx 15 minutes from the airport and a very historic City.
Nearest coastal resorts less than 40 minutes drive from Girona are Lloret de Mar, Tossa de Mar, Sant Feliu de Guixols and Platja d'Aro.
any tips for hotels in lloret then and how much is it in a taxi please
Have a look here for your hotel and the taxi should cost you between 50 and 70€

I would recommend the Don Juan it is open all year round.[/url]
royal star or fenals gardens should both be ok.
taxi-i am assured by locals should be around 50 euros, but extra charges made for extra passengers and baggage, but get price from driver first.
there are buses from the airport to lloret which cost 8 euros each and fit in to a great extent with ryanair arrivals. you buy your ticket in the airport arrivals hall.
look at these 2 sites
http://www.girona-tourist-guide.com/en/airport/transport-gerona-airport.html

http://www.sarfa.com/paginas/aeroport_SUD.html
:? the hotel review section on HT needs updating I think. I seem to spend ages looking at hotels when I know what I am looking for I would rather ask on here for a rec as trawling the reviews takes hours...sorry :oops:

I need recs for a hotel as near to the beach (flying to girona airport) and the things to do at night shops pubs kareoke etc. It must have a large pool or pools as my 10 year old just swims all day. Air con and tv and half board budget 450 for the week can any one posts some names up for me so I can look int it further please.

thanks
Try the Aquarium in Fenals, 5 mins from the beach and a very good outside pool.
Is Gerona worth a visit? I'll be in Calella de Palafrugell in July and have heard it's nice. Has anyone been and any tips?
Girona is a very historic wall city and well worth a visit particularly if you cross the river and go into the old part of town which is virtually traffic free.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.