Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
you can see the various timetables here, click the option that says Visualizza tutti gli orari then click the first option on the next screen and type Gardone Riviera in the box. Some are waiting updates so watch the dates.

Italian bus prices are normally reasonable but you often have to buy tickets in advance either from machines or small shops near to stops. I've searched for info about regional bus passes previously and never found anything (whenever I search for anything about Garda google always gives me loads of stuff about the Irish police!!) so if you do come across one let us know!
We have just returned from Lake Garda (staying at Gargnano on the Gardone Riveria) - we rented a car which was quite reasonable (hired in advance £120 p.w) and gave us more flexibility than using the public transport. That said it was easy to get around the lake with the public transport - plenty of ferries in the day time at least.

Though the Italian drivers are a bit mad ...(more impatient than anything, if you are driving below 60 mph !!), driving around the lake is very straightforward and easy, though parking can get pricey if you want to park directly on the waterfront in the towns.
We have just returned from Lake Garda

Hi jdybnsn
We go to Lake Garda for our first time next week staying in Bardolino :) Did you take a trip to Venice while you were there? if so can you tell me how long does it take to get there please.
How was the weather in Garda? :sun2
Thanks in advance
TF
Yes, we did go to Venice we drove there and it took about an hour and a half.

The autostrata (motorway) toll was around 8.00 euros each way, depending where you get on/off .
Don't park on the multi storey at the Piazzalle De Roma as we were (badly) advised by one tourist information office on Lake Garda...although it extremely handy for Venice any duration there is going to cost you 24 euros !!.. there has to be cheaper places to park than that !

Weather was a bit mixed - some rain but soon cleared up and it was very warm , so not like the cold rain you get here !

Where are you flying into ?..... presuming you are flying ?
Hi Thanks for the prompt reply.
Yes we fly to Verona (another possible day trip). Really looking forward to it now as this is a very different holiday from the type we normally have i.e. Greece or Turkey for summer holidays and European city breaks later in the year for a few days. Did you visit Bardolino?
TF
We only passed through Bardolino on our way to Gardaland, and do not remember it too well, since it was one of a number of small towns we passed through on the way there. :(
By the way Gardaland was surprising good .....10 x better than Alton Towers, and almost Disney standards (and we should know having been to WDW four times !) with something for every age group ...if you have kids (or if you are big kids yourselves) you really should not miss it ! Don't be put off by the naff name !
From Gardone Riviera, you can take the ferry to cross the lake to Garda, Bardolino, Sirmione for €6.90. one way. Buses run between Brescia and Gargnano every 30 mins. €3 approx to Brescia. Ask at your hotel for a discount card for use on the ferry and other things.
best wishes
Peter.
We'll be there by Wednesday morning. I think I've got the transport worked out.

Airport coach to Brescia and then the local bus from there to Limone. Quite easy but there is a wait of over a hour for the Brescia connection.

Bit more worrying coming back though. We have just five minutes to make the connection for the coach back from Brescia to Bergamo.

I think I'll be looking for a hotel courtesy bus that we can hop on to. There's got to be one running.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.