Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
That is steep for a transfer from Florence airport into the city centre - the airport's own website suggests that a taxi should be no more than 30€ depending on arrival time and the amount of luggage. But are you definitely arriving at Florence airport? I notice that Cresta offers both Florence and Pisa as arrival airports and the Pisa flights appear to be with Ryanair. Either way, if you are landing at Pisa then you have an 80+ kms transfer to get into the centre of Florence. Put that way, £121 for a 50 mile taxi ride is probably to be expected.

So check which arrival airport you've been quoted for and if it is definitely Florence then you would be cheaper getting a taxi (it's only around 15mins) but if it is Pisa, then personally I'd be checking whether it was actually cheaper in the end to pay for a more expensive flight into Florence instead.

SM
Definitely Florence:

Transfers (remove) £121.42
Private Car
Out: FLR - Florence
29/10/2013
Return: Florence - FLR
01/11/2013

That is one hell of a rip-off in that case. If I book will decline their Transfer. Does make me wonder how they can justify that scandalous charge?
Just checked Travel Republic website for your dates etc and they are charging £113 for private transfer :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.