Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Carrie,

Congratulations :)
You will need blood tests for getting married in Kalkan which have got to be done locally. You will need to visit the British Consulate in Antalya to get your paperwork but you also need to contact them in advance to make an appointment and also send them copies of your documents in advance as well. Once you get here 10 days should be enough for everything, unless you are travelling during one of the two long public holidays that we have.

I doubt the hotel would offer these services but if you use a local wedding planner, such as ourselves :), their standard services would include all this as well as booking and dealing with the registrar.

Good luck :)
Hayal
EGG Organizasyon Ltd - My Wedding in Turkey
http://www.myweddinginturkey.com
http://www.facebook.com/eggltd
Hi Everyone,

I have some excellent news for all British couples planning to get married in Turkey. We have received confirmation from the British Consulate that the paperwork procedure has just been simplified and you no longer need to visit the British Consulate in Turkey to obtain the necessary documents! That will save you some time (or a lot of time depending on where you are getting married :) ) and money! If anyone has any questions about the new procedures I would be happy to help.

Hayal
EGG Organizasyon Ltd - My Wedding in Turkey
http://www.facebook.com/eggltd
Hi can someone please help. Im getting married next year in kusadasi to a turkish guy will i need to have a blood test done before marriage. Iv been told that some places do the test and others dont?
saranfaruk,

Welcome onboard :tup
I've moved your post to this topic as you're more likely to get the information you're looking for here.

Darren
saranfaruk wrote:
Hi can someone please help. Im getting married next year in kusadasi to a turkish guy will i need to have a blood test done before marriage. Iv been told that some places do the test and others dont?

Yes you will need to have blood tests done. In Kusadasi all couples are required to have them but as you are marrying a Turkish national, you would have had to have them done pretty much anywhere in Turkey. Good luck!
You can try "saglik ocagi" They are the equivalent of GPs in the UK. Or just ask at a pharmacy I'm sure they ll direct you to the right place.
Hi all,
I am planning my wedding with my turkish partner in istanbul. I am aware of all the legal proceedings we need however I am finding it hard trying to find info about the actual ceremony. We are hoping to get married with very close family 5-15 people max. We researched and found we need to marry in his area but I have my heart set on one of the more scenic places. Is this possible? I was hoping to come over from uk a couple of weeks previous for blood tests and submit paperwork, can i do this or is my blood test only valid for a short time? Also has anyone have recommended places for a very small ceremony. Ideally we were looking a dinner, small cake in early evening as we are having a much larger wedding later in the year.
Thank you In advance!
Kitty
Hi Kitty,

You can do your paperwork a couple of weeks before the wedding but you would need to book the registrar earlier than that, especially if you are looking to get married during the summer, more so if it is on a weekend! You will be booking a venue so you won't be flexible with the date and registrars in Istanbul get very busy in the summer. If you decide to receive professional help to organise your wedding, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
Hayal Ozbaylan
Hi Hayal,

My partner and I are visiting Marmaris in June, and would like to get married while we are there. We are aware of the paperwork we need to bring, but are unsure of prices and can't find any information online for the marriage office. It would just be the two of us and our little girl, so a very low key event. Can you tell me how much notice the registry office needs and the cost of the service and marriage certificate?

Thank you.

Chelaine
Hi Chelaine,

The cost would depend on your requirements such as where and when the wedding is going to take place but would be around 400 - 600 TL in total. If going DIY, they would ask you to complete all your paperwork before they would give you a date for your wedding. There is no minimum term of notice though and they would offer you the nearest possible date they have available once you have completed your documents so as long as you are there for a couple of weeks and are flexible you should be fine. Good luck!

Kind regards,

Hayal Ozbaylan
That's great Hayal, thanks so much for your help! Do you know where the marriage office in Marmaris is? As we would probably go on our first day to ensure we have enough time.

Thanks,

Chelaine (:
You need to go to Marmaris Municipality (belediye).

Kind regards,

Hayal Ozbaylan
Hello, how was your wedding?. We had originally booked another of the paloma hotels and just been transferred to this exact hotel. I was in discussions to arrange a suprise marriage blessing to my husband whilst at the hotel.
We originally got married in 2000 we have been together 20yrs and after recent health issues it has infact made us closer together than ever.
He booked the holiday as a suprise for my 40th birthday.
So I in turn want to book us a blessing. The scarey thing is, we only just got moved to this hotel and we fly out on the 21st April until 28th. I have had his wedding ring repaired (had it cut off due to an infected spinter.) I have a dress his new outfit the works.. now I am at the complete mercy of this hotel. I have emailed explaining my story so far.
All I would like is a simple blessing on the beach at sunset. Just the two of us.
How accomadatiting was this hotel for you?. I am on tender hooks awaiting their answer. Giving up isn't an option..
:welcome to the forums Glittergirllisa77 please let us know if you receive a reply from the hotel.

Fingers crossed all goes to plan 👍
Hi

We're just about to book our wedding at liberty hotel lykia for Sept 2018 could you give me some advice regarding legislation etc as we know nothing about it my divorce is almost finalised and will be for Oct this year.

Thank you
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.