Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
There are a couple of hotels in Sarigerme that would do accomodation only, have a look on http://www.sarigermeholiday.com for info about Sarigerme and hotels there.
Hi,

I posted a couple of weeks ago about weddings in the Turkey Holiday Village. It appears that i hijacked somebody elses post so sorry about that and thanks for the replies.

Someone suggested Lykia world which does look fab. The only downside i can see is that it doesnt include drinks in the all inclusive, only with meals. Also it doesnt appear that we could fly from stansted which is 20 mins away. However, there are many other pros that I think would make this a more suitable venue.

If anyone has had experience of weddings in either venue i would love to hear from you. Am i right in thinking Lykia world dont actually do weddings ceremonies on site and that would be at the blue lagoon?

Another thing that was mentioned was that you need to have blood tests and visit the consulate. I have noticed the fee for a taxi to the consulate to translate documents but am not sure why blood tests would be required? Can anyone go to the consulate or does it have to be the bride and groom to be? (could be difficult with the children) Someone mentioned 10 hour round trip - eeek.

My head is spinning from ploughing through brochures so any help would be much appreciated. Dont even get me started in trying to work out costs, supplements for everything, costs to translate documents, the wedding package, room types, etc etc. I have absolutely no idea yet how much this will all cost!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Thanks
Zeidi
Hi Zeidi,

To get married at the Lykia World, you and your husband to be would need to visit the British Consulate in Antalya in person. The trip from Oludeniz to Antalya would take less than 3 hours each way, and the whole thing in Antalya would take around an hour so the whole thing should take around 7 hours, possibly less if you are lucky!

Blood tests are required for getting married in Turkey but some registrars are easy going with foreigners, including the registrar that would be marrying you, and you would only need to visit the local medical centre to get some paperwork signed and would not need to have any tests or medicals done.

The Consulate charges you approximately £115 per person to process and translate your paperwork. You would pay this in cash once you are there.

The Lykia World used to organise weddings themselves but found out that it is a lot of hassle for them so they only take weddings that are organised by someone else, such as a tour operator or a destination wedding planner. I don't know which brochure you are looking at, the First Choice may be combining weddings there with ceremonies on the Blue Lagoon. If you need help send me a PM with your email address and I will send you some information on costs etc.

Best of luck! :)
Hayal
zeidi i got married at lykia world if you want any info, let me know ill do my best to help and it is a fantastic place
Hi Bubbles! Ive also booked up to get married in Sept 07 at the Holiday village. Ive been before but not sure what to expect fot the wedding. :? Was wondering when you're going to be there, just thought if we were there together and if it was possible we could meet up and do the long taxi journey together and save our selves some money. Thats the thing Im really dredding :(
*Edit to restore normal font Briar
HI Ecarrsy,

We are flying out on the 3rd Sept for 2 weeks. Does this coinside with you? It would be great if it did. Good idea to share the taxi.

Are there many of you in your party and do you know a certain date for your wedding day?

Hope your plans are going alot smoother than mine. There is so much to think about, I dont know where to start.
we dont fly til the 24th Sep but never mind it sounded like a good idea.
There's about 16 adults and 7 children coming with us. We were told we couldnt confirm any dates for the wedding til we got out there. you'll have to keep me posted on how your'e getting on!
Shame we arent travelling the same time, but I will let you know how things are going with the planning etc. We wont know our date till we get there either which is causing abit of a headache as some of our party only can go for the one week. Ive told them to aim for the 2nd week, I think by the time we have done all the paperwork and health checks, im guessing it will take up to 3 or 4 days to get it all sorted out.

Best of luck with your wedding, let me know how you get on.
Hi Guys,

I know I have mentioned on another thread here the new Red Island Restaurant that will be opening this year instead of the White Dolphin but I thought I'd mention it here too as a lot of people check out this thread in search of good recommendations for alternative wedding locations.

The Red Island is located about 30 mins away from Fethiye harbour by boat and is a private island with a just a restaurant and a lighthouse building on it. It will be opening around May and it will be an ideal location for weddings. If anybody wants any further information they can pm me or email me.
As a completely self indulgent post...

....I'm getting married in Turkey in just over 6 weeks!!!!!! :D Watch this space for a link to the photos :lol:
I have contacted Hayal and she has been so helpful. Sure we will get her to do the organising of the wedding as she is the expert. However how on earth do we go about arranging a visa for my daughter's fiance??? To be honest he would prefer her to join him in Turkey but she loves her job and he realises that. He will be giving up family and friends. How on earth do we arrange a visa for him to come here??
Hi,

I can help you there, with the forms, website guidance etc.
If you send me a pm I'll be happy to give you the links etc.

Its a procedure which can takes ages (plus loads of money now, and paperwork).

Elaine
Hi
We are travelling to alanya for 2 weeks in july.My friends would like to get married while we are there.Does anyone know of a company that could arrange this for us.
Thanks
Hi

This site CLICK HERE arranges marriages in Turkey, it also tells you what you need to do,maybe they can help.
hi louise 1088,
there is a member on here thats a wedding planner(hayal)try http://www.eggorganizasyon.com or pm them, :tup
Louise, I can confirm Hayal very helpful. My daughter is getting married this year and Hayal has answered loads of questions and really quickly.
Thanks for the PM's and bumping the link Briar, its up to my friends now to get them self organised. they have emailed Hayal about renewing vows, their like a couple of lovestruck teenagers :yuck (middle aged teenagers)

If it happens i will post some photies upon my return

GM 06
Hi I am wondering if anyone has been to a wedding in Olu Deniz? I am getting married at the blue lagoon in Sept 2008 and would like some reassurance.

Also if anyone has any comments about the Asena Village Hotel in Hisaronu I would love to hear them.

Thanks
i got married in olu deniz june 05 if i can help with anything pm me

karen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.