Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We got married 2 years ago in Icmeler at the Laguna Hotel . One of the members on here ( Hayal ) arranged everthing for us , from booking the registrar and travelling to the British Consulate in Izmir , right down to booking the venue , hairdresser , bouquet and buttonholes , and even the wedding cake . We had 35 guests and everyone had a fantastic day .
Lovely to hear that as Hayal organising my daughter's wedding at the Laguna. I look forward to having a nice relaxing day. Friend's can't believe i'm not flapping about. I just trust that Hayal will make the day go well :lol: Thanks Hayal.
:roll: I am trying to plan a Wedding in Olu Deniz at the Blue Lagoon Beach but I am struggling to find anyone that will do this without booking accomodation aswell. Also, would you know the residency period before you can wed? I have been told no days required to upto 8 days! Any help on this would be appreciated
Drop an e-mail to Bilal at billybeach@hotmail.com

He owns a private strip of beach on the Blue Lagoon and I'm sure he'd try and help
Tammy computers and i don't really go together but sure some clever person on here can post the link to Hayal's site. There is a big post on here somewhere about weddings. Hayal is organising my daughter's wedding in Oct.Will pm you
we got married in turkey 2 years ago now and as far as i know there isnt a residecy period, but there is a fair bit of paperwork and backwards and forwards to various offices to do that takes a while inc a visit to the british consulate or embassy, we got married 6 days after we arrived in turkey. good luck
Hi Tammy,

No, there isn't any minimum term of residency required for getting married in Turkey. You only need long enough to have your paperwork prepared and we are able to do all that in less than 1 day in Fethiye area. you can click on the link underneath my name to go to our website and you can email us through there or pm me if you need any help.
Just got back from our wedding in olu deniz and have to say it was better than we could have possibly imagined.
having been to olu deniz before we like everyone else wanted to get married on the lagoon and have the reception at the white dolphin.
During our planning the white dolphin closed which really disappointed us however our wedding planner suggested the new white dolphin which is located on a private island off the coast of fetihye named Kizil Ada. She said we could get married there and then eat at the restaurant afterwards. There would be no other people on sun loungers etc.
we decided to take the risk eventhough work hadn't even started having stayed at the oyster residences and eaten at the white dolphin we believed it would be something special.
How wrong we were, it was even better. This restaurant surpasses the white dolphin by a country mile in terms of location. How many brides can say they arrived at their wedding by speedboat!
The food concept is exactly the same but the location and the restaurant itself is 10 times better.
However what made our wedding was our wedding planner hayal. if you want to get married in turkey, forget your tour operator that are basically selling package holiday weddings with no personal touch and don't really know the area, go with hayal.
we never had any questions as she had already pre-empted our thoughts and sorted everything out. She is really particular and knows the country inside out. Wherever you want to get married and in whatever way you want to do it she will be able to make it happen.
The website for her company is eggorganizasyon
My tip is if you are going to get married in turkey think outside the box. Don't just go for the lagoon because thats where the tour operator does weddings. hayal does loads of other locations and will be able to make that special day even more special and most of all personal to you.
We are considering getting married in Turkey , at either the blue lagoon or at the holiday village resort, we have been unable to get any pictures of either venue.
Before we book can anyone give us some help and recommendations?

many thanks

Steve.paula :)
:D Hello

My friend's daughter has just got married in Marmaris on Saturday she is due home tonight.

I will email her and im sure she will give you advice :lol:
I hope she had a good holiday and it all went smoothly, any advice on venues and wedding planners would be appreciated,

thanks

Steve and Paula :D
There is also a thread here about getting married in Turkey -

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=38443

Elaine
Elle-meg is the person to ask but I believe she is on holiday at the moment (in Turkey , of course) Why don't you PM her and I'm sure she will contact you when she gets back. Denny
Ellie Meg is in Icmeler but im sure she is due home this week.

My friend is due back tonight so she will be in touch her daughter got married in Icmeler on Saturday at the Laguna Hotel.

I do know Karen (Ellie Meg) got married in Olu Deniz Lykia World :lol:
:D Hi

thanks for all the comments on our previous thread.
Has anyone got any information on this resort in particular and photos would be nice.All the reviews of the Holiday Village are postive so we know it will be fine with all the kids coming along.
We are considering this venue to get married and booking through First Choice.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply

Steve & Paula
Steve and Paula, as Bradley John has said contacted Hayal. He's given you the e mail address and i see a few posts down Hayal has posted a reply to Tammy re residency so pm her. She organised my daughter's wedding on Saturday and we had a fantastic day. She made everything run smoothly. She replied very quickly to all my queries via e mail and I'm surprised i didn't drive her mad keep changing things!! She was there to guide us through everything and we had to change where the wedding took place at the last minute due to the weather but everything still ran smoothly. My daughter got married on the beach. I can highly recommend Hayal she sorted everything needed to get married we just had to turn up.
Thanks Moira, I am glad both you and Kirsty enjoyed the wedding! Oh and Mitat too of course :) Hope to meet again one day!

H.
Hi Steve & Paula,

I think I have a couple of photos of the wedding gazebo at the holiday village. If you want to pm me your email address I will happily pass them on to you.

Congratulations on your forthcoming nuptials. I saw a couple of weddings on the twice I've been there and everyone looked really happy. I also spoke to a few wedding party members and they all seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Its ideal if you have young kids and thats why you picked the place. If you don't have kids, avoid it like the plague, lol :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.